Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the scariest game you have played?

Gwen

I was playing a little bit Fatal Frame IV Legacy of the moon last night and was wondering what other scary games people play. I think the Fatal Frame series has to be one of the scariest series I have ever played. Basically you walk around some deserted japanese house/village and take pictures of ghosts. Yes your weapon is a camera. I know that is a stupid sounding weapon…. but the ambiance, sound, feeling of lonlieness of the game actually ties everything together. As you are walking around not only do ghosts attack you but there will be random ghosts that appear in the background just to freak you out. You might be checking out something and off to the side of your vision you'll see some ghost face just staring at you then quickly dissapears.

I think one of the things that really scared me was, when i was playing in the dark in my apartment, I was by myself, and it was like 2 AM. I was already freaked out playing it, there was banging from a ghost on a door in the game..... all of a sudden my front door started banging... it scared the CRAP out of me. I ran and got my sword i have and opened the door... turnes out it was some creepy guy and girl looking for the person that used to live in my apartment.

Anyways... if you have a chance check out one of the fatal frame games.... they are slow... but scary as heck!

What other games have scared the crap out of you?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ocarina of Time when it first came out. Forest Temple was spooky, twisted walls, and those dismembered hands that fall from the ceiling. Hell, I hated that damn shark in Banjo Kazooie, especially the music. When I fell in the water and heard it play, I frantically rushed to jump on a floating crate for safety.

Nowadays I can't find any scary games. I'm 20, and find everything soo predictable or just not scary. I'm currently downloading Amnesia. I found Doom 3 a little frightening when it first came out. The start mostly, because of all the imp encounters and such in the pitch black darkness.

@Devo:

> Doom III for the first time, in the pitch black dark with surround sound on

You mean "zeee flashlight…. it does nothing", or "its so freaking dark i can see crap!". Yeah Doom 3 was pretty scary.
Silent hill is creepy, but never really scared me. For me Fatal Frame makes me not want to play it. I really dont want to go into the next room when i play.

I just got Amnesia... ive been seeing that its pretty scary.

• 2 weeks later...
Dead space scares the hell out of me :P Debating if i get Dead space 2 or not right now..
but im not great with scary games.. Fall out 3 used to scare me going into the subway with ghouls but then i got over it. Same with bioshock 1.. Got over it and yeah.. now its just creepy games get me xD