Find results in...

Just fiddling with the Engine,

Rob Janes

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have released a very EARLY beta build of my modifications so far;

People should only use this with VB knowledge so they can adjust it to how they see fit.

Please report any bugs or suggestions here.  Remember it is a work in progress, so saying things like "Theres nothing on the Guild on the Server, is redunant".  I'm aware of this.  If something is incomplete, it's just because I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet!

Enjoy!

www.samugames.com/SamuMods.zip

Found a bug, in Online List, if you click a player, it will error.

Also when posting a new topic, should make it so it closes the new topic form when posted.

Also, when at the bottom of the map, you can go past the end of the map. Go to the bottom of the map and hold both the down and the right button.

@Captain:

> Found a bug, in Online List, if you click a player, it will error.

Thanks - Fixed.

> Also when posting a new topic, should make it so it closes the new topic form when posted.

Easy enough, Fixed.  Users can fix this on by adding
```
picNewMessage.Visible = False
```To the end of btnPostNew on frmBoard.

> Also, when at the bottom of the map, you can go past the end of the map. Go to the bottom of the map and hold both the down and the right button.

Ah, Thanks! Fixed.

I'll release another update today with the bug fixes Captain Wabbit found, also added new variables to the class type to include

MaleHead
FemaleHead
MaleHair
FemaleHair

It'll also render the characters body/head/hair on the New Character Creation window as well.

As per popular request, It'll have Mp3 support as well.

@SamuGames:

> It uses Text for this release; as I didn't want to give away things that I want to keep for my own project, however you can easily make a Snowflake.bmp and Rain.bmp and use Engine_BltFast for this to increase FPS if it's slowing it down too much

Engine_BltFast? Sorry not a VB6 pro…

All of the known bug fixes are done, along with the New Account creation to include Head/Hair/Body selection and rendering.  Also now includes a Pet System, You can add NPCs with Behaviour of 'PET'.  These NPCs can be tamed, they will follow your character around and you can tell them to attack other players or NPCs.  Your pet disappears when you quit the game.  I am working on a method of saving your pets now.

Well mate all I can say is…

Samu + Origins + VB = Epic >_<

Nice one mate, some good edits to Origins there and the Pet system sounds really good so far...

I’ve been trying to implement a pet system for a bit now but no joy :P so nicely done mate!

Bug Found: I dunno if anyone has mention this to ya mate but, when you create a attackable NPC (or just attack the Bandit) the NPC HP Bar drops to nothing after one attack (does not affect NPC health, just the visual Bar)

Again good work mate

Cheers

**Samu Games Eclipse Modification, Henceforth known as Eclipse Hot Pink!**

Progress on the custom mod moved by leaps and bounds in the last few days; with the addition of a pet system.  In order for this pet system to work properly using the current NPC system, I had to recreate the way NPCs and the Maximum Number of NPCs are handled.  Previously, maps were limited to 30 NPCs per map, which caused problem for a player joining a game and a Pet NPC spawning on that map with an index already in use.

I added a new variable MAX_SAVED_NPCs = 30, which means it can store up to 30 NPCs in the Map Data File.  However, the MAX_MAP_NPCs variable is now set to 100.  When we spawn a pet, it uses a custom function to find the next available open ID of an NPC (from 30 to 100) that is NOT in use, and we spawn the new NPC with that index.

I also removed the Map.NPC(x) functionality from the client altogether, so it runs solely off of MapNpc(x).num, as well, the Server no longer uses Map(MapNum).NPC to store NPCs; it uses MapNpc(MapNum).Npc(Index).num.

All tested and working wonderfully!

**Pet System Description**

The pet system (back-end) is now complete; just need to work on the UI.

The pet system is activated when a player has a class that has the tag "CanTamePets=1".

Players can tame specific NPCs to be used as Pets.  Pets will follow the player around the world, and rush to the players defense during combat.  Players can use the Pet interface to command the pet to attack other NPCs or Players.  Pets do NOT gain experience or levels; thus, it will become necessary for players to release their pets back into the wild and obtain newer, stronger pets as they progress through the game.
If for any reason your pet has disappeared, or cannot keep up, a player can use the 'Call Pet' button from the Pet interface to summon their pet next to them! When a player disconnects their pet is saved and will automatically spawn next to them when they rejoin the game.

**Video of Pet System!**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2yZF5jSpX0

Sounds mint mate, and seems like you have really thought about it! :)

Was wondering with your new pet system and the way the MAP NPCs are now set in a new variable, will it be easy enough to change the MAX MAP NPCs?

As ive been thinking of trying to implement more NPCs per map, as my current map sizes are big and don’t think they will be enough NPCs per MAP for players to play game without fighting over NPCs for quests and levelling.

Once again looking real good Samu!

Cheers

Adding new NPCs is very easy, if you want them to be saved in the Map so they continually respawn, you would just increase the
MAX_SAVED_NPCS,
if you want to increase the number of NPCs allowed on a screen, (i.e. you have so many players that you need more room), you would increase MAX_MAP_NPCs