Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just fiddling with the Engine,

Rob Janes

I cant.because i admit i am not very amazing in programming.but this engine has all of the things i needed like a guild system,message board,3 layer inventory,quest system and a quest log. i know this engine has many bugs but i am gonna try me very best to make this engine good.and i plan to share it with everyone in need for a good engine.but to do that i need everyone's help.i dont plan to give up now and switch to the other engine.im gonna make it better.because you never know unless you try.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryochi:

> because you never know unless you try.

Yes you do. Your skill, experience and intelligence all equate to naught. You can **not** pick up a language and make a game engine straight out of the box. Even editing my existing work properly requires basic understanding of the language and libraries. You also need to have extensive knowledge of the source code.

Stop trying. Go make a game and learn some things. There are plenty of tutorials out there which allow you to add these systems to Origins.

im not giving up!criticize me all you want i am not gonna give up.robin ill take your advice ill learn some tutorials.but i am not switching to the official engine.because i think that if i try my best i can fix this engine so i dont care what anyone says.im gonna fix this engine.and robin…i do have knowledge of vb6.i know the ide basics i know what it takes to make a game engine.i may not have the knowlege yet to make my own codes but robin...im not an idiot i know i need more tutorials.i dont care what anyone says im gonna fix this engine.everyone is getting mad for no reason just because they think this engine is outdated.how is it outdated its not eclipse stable.its a modified version of origins.hint official engine..modified codes...old codes removed...could be put back...hint hint.get it?

@Ryochi:

> -snip-

Keep posting all you want. It's not going to change the fact that you're not experienced enough to debug other people's code.

This isn't an insult, it's not me being an elitist, it's just plain fact.

You're trying to jump in the deep end before you've learnt to swim.

@Ryochi:
Download EO. Download Samu's source.
Open EO. Open Samu's Source.
Grab all the features you like in Samu's source. Dump them in your EO source.
If you know where to find the codes and how they work, you can port over the message boards and rain system (or w/e u want) into EO and have a stable bug free game.

You cannot use Samu's engine just like that without advanced vb6 knowledge. He said it himself when he posted the link. Hope this helps.

Youll see ill fix this engine.and i just got an idea that might fix the engine.im not telling you the idea though.and ill post a new topic about this in the custom versions thread (since it should be there anyway)so wish me luck guys…or not.

@Ryochi:

> Youll see ill fix this engine.and i just got an idea that might fix the engine.im not telling you the idea though.and ill post a new topic about this in the custom versions thread (since it should be there anyway)so wish me luck guys…or not.

OMG! You is my hero. I will keep an eye on you and your amazing Visual Basic 6 skills. I believe in you! =o=;

/troll

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...