Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i'm learning visual basic, why not learn with me.

Tholek

Tholek, don't troll or multipost for points.

As for the topic, I'm pretty sure Microsoft mainly/majorly supports Visual Basic/Studio 2013 and 2012 which are for Windows Vista,7,8; they do also support 2010 and 2008 but it's harder to find the support even though it should be on their site, they just hid it and have replaced a lot of links with 2012 and 2013 stuff. (It doesn't help me however since I have XP)

Hope this helps?

> Tholek, don't troll or multipost for points.
>
>  
>
> As for the topic, I'm pretty sure Microsoft mainly/majorly supports Visual Basic/Studio 2013 and 2012 which are for Windows Vista,7,8; they do also support 2010 and 2008 but it's harder to find the support even though it should be on their site, they just hid it and have replaced a lot of links with 2012 and 2013 stuff. (It doesn't help me however since I have XP)
>
>  
>
> Hope this helps?

I reserved them for future chapters of this learn with me tutorial, Its going to take a lot of room and I don't think it will cover one post.

Thanks for that Mohenjo :)

> I reserved them for future chapters of this learn with me tutorial, Its going to take a lot of room and I don't think it will cover one post.
>
>  
>
> Thanks for that Mohenjo :)

Ahh, now I got what you were doing, next time though, use spoilers in the BBCodes and just spoil the sections you cover :)

You can edit your main post instead, there's absolutely no reason to "reserve posts".

The way you explain is rather wonky, not that well constructed, and rather confusing. Consider making a base structure before writing, the introduction were poor, it feels like you were writing on the spot, and very little were actually explained beforehand. I am not telling you this as an experienced writer, but as a consumer, and from a consumers point of view, the "reserved posts", poor structure, and no actual content so far doesn't give out a good vibe, and as a somewhat experienced programmer, and one who studies languages, as far as I know, learning something with such a precise goal is not good, it limits your view, especially if you're actually pretty new yourself to programming, learning from a beginner has it's pros and cons, the pros being that he can easier relate to his pupils, the cons is that he might be teaching poorly, or just plain wrong, doing poor decisions in his coding that a more experienced one may not do.

However with that said, I can say that I still like how straightforward it is, since it will attract a lot of people who have nothing else in mind, and if those individuals are smart they'll take what you teach with a bit of salt and learn a lot more. It will also help those who do not have a lot of motivation to speak about, and a very straightforward goal might be what they need.

Keep it going, I'd like to see how it develops.

Is this a time to start covering things? Take a look at start of chapter 2, and look at this part "Here's what we shall cover in this chapter 2"

I personally think it would be a good time to start covering the basic's.

Updated: this part may take some time.

Updated: a little bit more.

I was just going to keep updating my previous post but no one will actually see what I have currently done. Well I've worked a lot on chapter 2, still not finished, will most probably finish it later on or tomorrow (try to anyway)

Let me know how i'm doing..