Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drawing chibi characters

Tholek

> Try your finger if you don't have a rubber, it's what I have to do, also, I agree with the shading, and you don't nee anything all that special for it, just try to get a pencil set of different hardnesses.

No, you shouldn't use your finger to smudge things out. Actually your fingers shouldn't even be touching the paper, it makes it look dirty. You should watch some tutorials about chibi ratio, or something. At first drawing your hands are too low for a human, second one, the eyes are too big, it's an extreme chibi which doesn't look very nice (not that extreme chibi style is actually good), same goes for third, with the eyes. I recognize the third one from one or Mark Rilley's tutorials.

Watch out for the hair, it looks like grass, hair usually follows gravity, even in anime.

> No, you shouldn't use your finger to smudge things out. Actually your fingers shouldn't even be touching the paper, it makes it look dirty. You should watch some tutorials about chibi ratio, or something. At first drawing your hands are too low for a human, second one, the eyes are too big, it's an extreme chibi which doesn't look very nice (not that extreme chibi style is actually good), same goes for third, with the eyes. I recognize the third one from one or Mark Rilley's tutorials.
>
> Watch out for the hair, it looks like grass, hair usually follows gravity, even in anime.

The big eyes aren't at fault, the shape of the face is.

Hair is ok, laws of physics are optional when drawing something like this.

He shouldn't follow tutorials, because he needs to find his own style, practice will do, also stimulating your imagination by watching anime. [in this case]

How else you think those who make tutorials  got their skills in drawing such things?! :P

> Not bad… I'm not a good drawer either. I noticed your shading could use a little work though, if you want to improve them

I will keep that in mind these pictures are pretty old, not long found them in my storage area. Thanks for your advice though! 

> No, you shouldn't use your finger to smudge things out. Actually your fingers shouldn't even be touching the paper, it makes it look dirty. You should watch some tutorials about chibi ratio, or something. At first drawing your hands are too low for a human, second one, the eyes are too big, it's an extreme chibi which doesn't look very nice (not that extreme chibi style is actually good), same goes for third, with the eyes. I recognize the third one from one or Mark Rilley's tutorials.
>
> Watch out for the hair, it looks like grass, hair usually follows gravity, even in anime.

I remeber watching a tutorial on one of them but I can't remember which one it was, I think it was the third one, Thanks for your advice, and I will keep in mind.

> The big eyes aren't at fault, the shape of the face is.
>
> Hair is ok, laws of physics are optional when drawing something like this.
>
>  
>
> He shouldn't follow tutorials, because he needs to find his own style, practice will do, also stimulating your imagination by watching anime. [in this case]
>
>  
>
> How else you think those who make tutorials  got their skills in drawing such things?! :P

Defiantly keep this in mind thanks, Mad Hatter!

Sprites require pretty decent amount of knowledge, it's not easy to make them, but I will suggest you a few techiniques.

[Assuming you mean pixel art sprites]

#1 Always use shapes, because lines are pretty advanced if you don't have a few years in art. [Always start with something simple]

#2 Draw on paper, scan, scale down and draw over digitally.

#3 Learn 3D modelling & animating, render the model, basically you will have 2D rendered frames of the model wich you can put them into a Sprite Sheet [common techinique used in present for making 2D sprites]

> Sprites require pretty decent amount of knowledge, it's not easy to make them, but I will suggest you a few techiniques.
>
> [Assuming you mean pixel art sprites]
>
>  
>
> #1 Always use shapes, because lines are pretty advanced if you don't have a few years in art. [Always start with something simple]
>
>  
>
>  
>
> #2 Draw on paper, scan, scale down and draw over digitally.
>
>  
>
> #3 Learn 3D modelling & animating, render the model, basically you will have 2D rendered frames of the model wich you can put them into a Sprite Sheet [common techinique used in present for making 2D sprites]

Thanks for your Advice man, really am thankful!

Update:

![](http://i.imgur.com/igpRrOA.png)