Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vadimas; Looking for Team

shado360

Fore-note:
Hi, Païn here. I am making a game called Vadimas, and am looking for a dedicated team to work on a dedicated project.

What I Have Done:
I myself have previously worked on a project, and then quit it. I have also done (a few) things in VB6, for instance, my "Alpha Blending" System w/ level of transparency bar:

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/7529ff0be0e1b37f09b6896a5289f06c.png)

WIP:
[Vadimas WIP](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68503.0.html)

Current Progress of Game:
|…..|…...|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....| - 10%

What We Need:

~~Programmer (1) - The project will definitely need a programmer, I myself know a thing or to, but to reach it's full potential, we'll need a dedicated programmer that knows vb6 sufficiently. (Portfolio of Work - Not needed, would be nice though).~~

~~Mappers (Not for now, 2) - Later on, we will need a couple of mappers to assist me and my brother with mapping. (Portfolio of Work - Needed).~~

Pixel Artist (2) - To be truly a dedicated game, custom graphics are a **must**. (Portfolio of Work - Needed). **Using Breeze tiles until we get a pixel artist.**

How To Contact Me:
To contact me; send me a P.M. on here, send an e-mail to: [email protected], or add me on MSN with the same e-mail address as above.

Website and Forums:
Vadimas' Forums & Website are being totally re-worked. :)

That is all, I believe. I hope you will consider being a part of the team.

Thanks,
Païn

```
Sub SetTranslucent(ThehWnd As Long, nTrans As Integer)
Dim attrib As Long

attrib = GetWindowLong(ThehWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)
  SetWindowLong ThehWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, attrib Or WS_EX_LAYERED
  SetLayeredWindowAttributes ThehWnd, RGB(0, 0, 0), nTrans, LWA_ALPHA
End Sub

```

You may want to check out the Alpha Blend API rather set setting the form translucent. 

```
Private Declare Function AlphaBlend Lib "msimg32.dll" (ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As _ Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt _ As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal BLENDFUNCT As Long) As Long

```
Though I don't believe it'll properly render over the tiles themselves, that'd need to be done in DX.

You should tell us what the game is about and all. That might create more interest.

@Robin:

> ```
> Sub SetTranslucent(ThehWnd As Long, nTrans As Integer)
> Dim attrib As Long
>
>   attrib = GetWindowLong(ThehWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)
>   SetWindowLong ThehWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, attrib Or WS_EX_LAYERED
>   SetLayeredWindowAttributes ThehWnd, RGB(0, 0, 0), nTrans, LWA_ALPHA
> End Sub
>
> ```

thanks robin, i could use this lol