Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Meat created in lab

Marsh

@Sekaru:

> Exactly, it would cause imbalance and pretty much ruin the ecosystem in most environments, etc. Yeah.. A in Biology *nodnod*

actually it will unfuck a lot of the environment. A meat factory uses only a fraction of the area required for grazing. Actually if we do synthetic meat by 2025ish the total area required for farms would be equal to about 1.5x the landmass of South America.

Also (of topic): we are working on lab grown vegetables/fruits in addition to the lab grown meat.

@renzo:

> As long as it doesn't taste like shit, I'll eat it.

same enzymes, proteins, and fat consistency. The only difference would be that you could buy a brick of filet mignon for the same price as a brick of hamburger.

well i dont see why people are saying they wont eat it because of its chemicals…. and yet I bet they all drink soda .... you know thats and Crude Oil Product :P lol and so many other things we eat is made from chemicals.

still kinda wonder how it taste. I mean like beef, pork, ect... Looks like a damn good steak to me

I'm not a moral vegetarian but I look at it this way. The amount of carbon emissions that is created from just one steak is about 25x that of a whole plate of vegetables and/or grains. So this idea of creating meat in a lab seems like a good idea in essence (if it tastes good of course). Only, the idea of eating meat is kind of off-putting to me since I've been a vegetarian for quite awhile, so I probably wouldnt eat meat even if artificially producing it got rid of animal abuse, and pollution. On a similiar note, people now realize that its becoming increasingly hard to sustain the production of meat with the constant rise in population, and so this could possibly be the means to end for at least a couple future global issues; not enough meat for meat eaters, and global warming.

@Murdoc:

> I'm not a moral vegetarian but I look at it this way. The amount of carbon emissions that is created from just one steak is about 25x that of a whole plate of vegetables and/or grains. So this idea of creating meat in a lab seems like a good idea in essence (if it tastes good of course). Only, the idea of eating meat is kind of off-putting to me since I've been a vegetarian for quite awhile, so I probably wouldnt eat meat even if artificially producing it got rid of animal abuse, and pollution. On a similiar note, people now realize that its becoming increasingly hard to sustain the production of meat with the constant rise in population, and so this could possibly be the means to end for at least a couple future global issues; not enough meat for meat eaters, and global warming.

All "animal rights" arguments for being vegetarian are bullshit. You do know that a large quantity of the fruits/vegetables you eat daily were picked by slaves. You think you're helping the animals by not buying meat when really you're promoting the agricultural slave market. If you ask me, I'd rather eat a food from an abused animal than food produced from abused people.

@Kreator:

> My mistake. I should have said rindless or some shit. Because personally I'm no fan of a huge edge of fat on my steak.

Cut it off of course. :3.

In my opinion vegetarians can be vegetarians. More power to them. But it isn't going to change the way I eat. Fuck their views and fuck the way they live. I love my steaks and I love my burger. I don't care if the cow didn't have a happy life. Om nom nom.

>! ![](http://nosincererlove.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/img_2963.jpg)

With this they can probably make some very nice, perfectly marbled meat that is better than filet mignon.  If they can, I'll for sure eat it.  It also seems like a good idea to cut down on CO2 emissions and used land resources.