Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dirt, Grass, and Water tile(s)

aaaron

The water looks pretty good imo. The only thing I might add is a dark area just where the dirt meets the water for more dimension, and some more highlight in the dirt.  Your palette is fairly nice, although I would maybe try and experiment with more shades of color, and some more highlighting for more detail. The dirt path could also use a dark shade on the borders, to create the illusion of grass height. Other than that, its a good start. I give it 7/10\. X-D

@K722:

> What color is the ocean then?

[Pie] ICT makes a valid point. Viewing a larger section of map may make that bright blue distracting. It can be toned down to reduce flare. A real ocean is actually less saturated blue than what you have there, but that is in real life. Its completely up to you as an artist of course, to decide what you want your palette to be. But if you want it closer to realistic, then a less saturated blue would make sense. :-)

You're trying to tell me that your character is stood next to a deep ocean? It's a river or a pond.

Although water is slightly blue, it is so transparent that it'll take on the colour of the surroundings. As such it's only the deep, deep ocean which looks that blue because it's reflecting the sky.

Having water as bright blue is the kind of thing you'd expect from a 5 year old's painting.

sage: its called Constructive criticism.  Its why stuff isn't ugly and useless.

Anyways, water is horridly blue.  I can't notice anything on the picture besides how BLUE the water is right now.  Try looking at the water in other games, you'll see it is either turquoise, greenish, or has a transparency to it so you can see the bottom of the river.