Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Presents

Marsh

> 27 packs of Magic Cards (Khans of Tarkir)
>
> Demon's Souls
>
> Socks, boxers, jeans, shirts
>
> Kitchen towels
>
> Bed sheets
>
> Real Tequila from Mexico (not that store bought garbage)
>
> and Game of Thrones shot glasses
>
> Merry Xmas everybody!

Is Magic hard to get into?

I was thinking about starting.

Instead of editing my original post (since so many people have posted, nobody will see it) I'm posting what I got here.

I'm not going to list everything but the main items I got were A Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, $100 Best Buy gift card, and a Sword Art Online II poster. :D

> Is Magic hard to get into?
>
>  
>
> I was thinking about starting.

I play magic rather casually, it's fun, for the most part you will be fine with an Event deck, which is like an introduction deck, but it doesn't suck as much.

Depending on the level of play you are refering to, it can be really easy, to wallet bursting, but unless you are aiming for top tier competitive games, you should be fine, also, avoid Legacy, play Standard format, it's cheaper, and it's more fun in my own opinion, cards are always in print, and it changes more, and feels more balanced.

> Is Magic hard to get into?
>
>  
>
> I was thinking about starting.

Depends on if you have any friends that also play or are interested in getting into it. Otherwise, there isn't much to do with the cards except to play with yourself :P

I think it's pretty easy to get into, they've had the same rules since they first launched. Play one land per turn, turn it sideways when you want mana to play any cards in your hand.

Wizards of the Coast has been doing a pretty good job of explaining any new abilities in there sets. As Xelander said, definitely stick with Standard to start (Standard is the latest two blocks of themed sets and the latest Magic Core set) I've been collecting for so long that I have cards for Legacy and Standard. Legacy opens open into a whole slew of sets spanning back to the 90s and can get overwhelming.

Other than that, have fun. Careful where you play, I find the players at Magic shops are super competitive and will halt play just to make sure things go according to tournament play (where you have to announce phases and it just gets super technical) Not that there is anything wrong with that, but imo, if we're not playing for money then there is no need to be a huge stickler for the rules.

Wow she sounds like a keeper! You on the other hand sound like a dick.

Yea magic is easy to get into. Like renzo said just keep away from crazy serious people that take the joy out of the game. Unless you want to play competitively of course.

> Sounds like fun. Is this your first piercing?

Kinda, I've self pierced my ear before but I didn't realize you always had to keep twisting it and I had to take the piercing out, and it healed, so now I'm just gonna go get it done professionally so nobody can say my ears gonna fall off or something