Find results in...

[Yami]Game Launcher/Updater!

Joyce

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BAMitsBRAD:

> Just woundering, could this be used as just an updater for anything, even if it was non-eclipse related. I am sure i would because all it does it check to see if a .zip file is available with the latest version number it.

Anything, whatsoever.

@Kemerd:

> Once again, this is epic. BTW, how do you change the status bar. It sucks. Since i'm trying to make a 3D-ish GUI, it all looks nice… Except for the... CRAPPY GREEN BAR.... XD

Change the graphics for it like you'd do with anything else.

@BAMitsBRAD:

> Just woundering, could this be used as just an updater for anything, even if it was non-eclipse related. I am sure i would because all it does it check to see if a .zip file is available with the latest version number it.

Yes, it doesn't really have to be used with eclipse.. Although it was modded with Eclipse in mind.

I really like this updater mod, it adds some more style to your patcher, nice job. I was just wondering, is it possible to make it a click-able drag-able window, rather then a static image on your screen?

[EDIT]
Never mind, I found out how.

• 3 weeks later...
For this autoupdater/launcher src files there is a frmmain in the launcher/updater as there is a frmmain in eclipse origins files.so when i copy all of the src files into the eclipse origins files do i have to rename the frmmain from the laucher/updater into frmupdater or some other name?or do i just have to replace the eclipse origins frmmain with the one from this laucher/updater.or do i have to just dont put in the frmmain from the laucher/updater?or do i have to edit the source to let it put in the launcher/updater frmmain and the eclipse origins frmmain?please help me.thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a pro feature, I just have one question, how would I make it so after the player hits the 'Update' button, and the update finishes, the 'Update' button becomes a 'Play' button, and it opens up the first page of the original menu, or, it could be imbedded in the original menu.  I'd really like that for my game, but I have no idea how to code it.  If someone would help me, I'd appreciate it very much.

@Darth:

> This is a pro feature, I just have one question, how would I make it so after the player hits the 'Update' button, and the update finishes, the 'Update' button becomes a 'Play' button, and it opens up the first page of the original menu, or, it could be imbedded in the original menu.  I'd really like that for my game, but I have no idea how to code it.  If someone would help me, I'd appreciate it very much.

i'm not sure but i think it's in CS:DE and if not then i son't know.

@Axis:

> i'm not sure but i think it's in CS:DE and if not then i son't know.

I'm sorry, I don't understand, although it's probablly my fault for not wording it easily to understand.  What I mean is, how would I merge the original frmMenu, and this one's frmMain, so this frmMain is infront of the original frmMenu, moving to the back(or simply unloading) when the 'Launch' button is pressed, so that the background.jpg is shown, and the Player can Login, Register, see the Credits, and Exit from there?  I'm sure it's still kinda hard to understand how I am wording it, but I don't quite know how to explain it.

@RyokuHasu:

> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,72400.0.html
>
> This works for both the updaters.
>
> It turns update into update/Play

i love that tut. also how do i set up the news using webs?

@Axis:

> i love that tut.
>
> also how do i set up the news using webs?

1) Thanks It wasnt hard, or Pro to do.

2) update your news file with the  updates

@Darth:

> Thanks, I'll be sure to do that 1st thing in the morning :D

DO IT NOW~ its only 2 lines of code!

geez I hope somebody can slap him now… I don't really want to download winRAR, I don't need it.

Edit: Can you create rars without WinRAR? As in just naming a file compression.rar?

Edit2: I figured out how. All you have to do is download a small rar file, open it and delete all of it's contents and than rename it :D