Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Yami]Game Launcher/Updater!

Joyce

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help! After painful hours of trying to figure this outā€¦.I got help from people....and then I realized my autoupdater.vbp was not in my folder, so I cannot edit the source. So i redownloaded the updater, and just copy and pasted the autoupdater.vbp into the client folder, where I have my Launcher that is working and everything. But for some reason when I try to start it in VB6 I get an error, method or something not found...and shows picNews.**Navagate**

I don't know, then it just disappears from the folder after that. HELP!

It was a typo, I didnt expect you to correct the spelling of me. If it was that I could have fixed it. I remind you that I have not edited the autoupdater at all, this is what it came as. and it gives me this error

EDIT: If i remove picNews.Navigate NewsURL

it doesnt give me any error, it works fine, but doesnt display the news url. So how can I fix this.

listen man, in the client of the autoupdater there is a config.ini. It has all that shit. You're supposed to copy and paste everything, but since I did some client edits I had to copy and paste that Update section inside the config.ini. So yes I do have the NewsURL right, if thats what your wondering. I have no idea what is wrong, because If I just remove picNews.Navigate NewsURL then it works fine. It just doesnt show the NewsUrl just a blank box

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@Death's:

> w.w.wait how do i change the newsā€¦ mine has i love tutles :) its working lol how do i change that

Go into client, data files, config.ini and replace NewsURL= (Under [UPDATER]) and replace the url that is there with the webpage you should have created that will have your news on it. You shouldn't use a website creator for this; it should just be a plain old HTML webpage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm trying to get this up on my new game, and am hoping it doesn't mess with the quest system that's in there. I'm having a few problems, but I always do. To the new people to EO- you need to get this. If you are going to make a game that will update at least once without switching to a new version, you should get it without even thinking about distributing your game.

• 1 month later...
Here we go, finaly stopped being lazy and fixed the issue of the proper file not loading when the update is complete.. And made it SLIGHTLY cleaner to read through. ;]

[Download New Version](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/9b0e83be7bc8181d61c103268d5b8527.zip)

• 2 weeks later...
@vincent329:

> no matter how many times i look i have everything set right (sadly im useing webs.com for my game update and website) i keep getting file not found or mismatch can someone please help

Make sure your update.ini looks like:
```
[UPDATER]
version=3
version1=version1.rar
version2=version2.rar
version3=version3.rar

```or somthing like that. Everytime you have updated the game you create a new version and update the ini.
_NOTE:: MakeĀ  sure your server is on :p_