Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Yami]Game Launcher/Updater!

Joyce

@Vus:

> hi, its awesome updater but my friend has problem with running it, it gives him this error:
> ![](http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7456/chybab.png)

Download "msinet.ocx" and either register it or just place it in the same folder as the updater.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me Yami, I seem to be having an issue with your updater. A few others have had the same, the mismatch RTE. I really don't understand it. I have my files uploaded and the correct links to them in the config, I have the port and ip correct and the server is on, yet when I run the updater, my news html comes up then the bars instantly goes half way and I get RTE 13.

If there is anything I'm doing wrong please tell me, I'd appreciate it.

@TianaJRP:

> and hey, i copied my link from Robin's autoupdator and still get a problem, it worked before. RTE 13 is really annoying, is it because i dont have ieframe?

The server-side .ini for version numbers is slightly different in Yami's updater. Use the new one instead.

Umm I know this will sound really nooby and people will say “oh you wont get far with eclipse” or “you should give up” but lets cut to the chase…how do you change the news on the updater?

@Ryochi:

> Umm I know this will sound really nooby and people will say “oh you wont get far with eclipse” or “you should give up” but lets cut to the chase…how do you change the news on the updater?

Change news.html in Notepad or with another programm. ;)

I tried it out with paint.net, some advise, make 2 layers, delete the middle stuff to make backround. Make sure the gui is on layer two, then make the backround wanted on layer 1, flatten, then make another layer for adding new buttons! I came out with this.  ![](http://imageshack.us/m/715/158/launchp.jpg) The buttons need some work.

@Greendude120:

> Thats a dirty double post. Also, your gonna have to say what doesnt work. We cant help you unless you specify where the problem is.

Pls help,the autoupdate wont work :( when I open it,it says: Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

the problem I am sure is the news url and the update url….idk how to make the website like Yami's,all blank and stuff,can u help pls? I don't know how....I made A website at Webs.com and the stuff didn't work,pls help me make A website like urs or Yami's,anything so it may work.

i suggest following robins video tut on his, then apply that to this.  its what i did, and i was able to make a website, add this in and have it working in about 2 hours.  im slow and new.  now that i got the hang of it, making updates and posting them ect only takes a few minutes.

@djs428X:

> Nothing is working….........please help.....always says TYPE MISMATCH or the autoupdater just wont open,thats what happens.... :( help pls

is your client called cliente.exe?

RTE 13 means you're entering a string value in an integer/float, or an integer/float into a string, or any form of value in an invalid variable. Make sure you enter the correct URLs everywhere, keep the files from MY version around and upload them on a proper domain, Webs doesn't enjoy hotlinking much and tends to block it, downloading a 404 page, which evidentaly leads to an RTE 13, as it's reading non existant blank data. :)

It's not rocket science guys! It's basic knowledge on computers, and the basics of websites. :) Find a webhost that allows hotlinking from the outside and you'll be fine.

EDIT: Also, apologies for my absence.. I've gotten into a huge fight with my parents, got stuck into one of those rehabilitation(Is this the correct word? whatever) houses for a while, and finaly moved out to live on my own, and the internet finaly got reconnected the other day. :) I'm sorting out lots of other things at the present, and might not be up to much.. But if you can come up with a proper report showing debug info I can figure something out. :) RTE 13 however, is completely on your side for sticking the wrong information into the program.