Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A letter to the community

deathtaker26

Hello everyone,

I'm writing this post today after a very long thought. For a very long time I have always wanted to be a developer on Eclipse. That, if I kept trying to get along and I kept practicing my development skills, I would one day get where I currently stand on the staff team. I began programming in Visual Basics 6.0 at the age of 12, I created an account on eclipse two years later in october of 2009 with my first game written in Eclipse Evolution, Psychic Journey. I guess you can say Eclipse was a huge introduction to my skill and passion I have today.

Within a couple years of being on Eclipse I began to move to new languages where I got help from people like Marsh, Soul, and, as much as I hate to admit it, even Robin. The community taught me so much and introduced me to a whole new segment of my life, and I'm not just talking about computers and programming. I mean, my passion for programming influenced my actual life. I met remarkable people, was taught how to use servers, and introduced to companies and great web developers.

It's safe to say, that Eclipse had made a huge impact on my life. When everything was introduced to me, I spent an entire summer at my Grandmother's house picking up dog crap from the litter of puppies she had to earn enough allowance to get my first Dell Latitude Laptop, and after I installed VB6 on there, you wouldn't see me come out of my bedroom for weeks…

Aserience th I have had the great expat Eclipse and Programming had influenced my life, I had hoped to spread the same thing to other people. That maybe, MAYBE I could influence another person the way that the community Influenced me. I had plans to go to college and become a programming teacher and teach even my students programming through the Eclipse Game Engine.

It's so funny to think that was a legit dream I had, not some sympathetic horse crap I pulled out of my ass, but something I ACTUALLY wanted to do.

After becoming a member of the staff team, a lot of friends and familiar members have turned against me. A lot of people have lost hope in me and what I'm capable of. Well, I stand by my dream. And to show this entire community that I only mean well, and that even John and Rob mean well as I do, I am asking that my developer rank is revoked.

I am proving to everybody herer, that the titles by our names, the ranks that we are given here, are NOT what make a person on this site who they are. And that I don't need the "Developer" title to make a difference. That the title "Owner" or "Admin" or "Moderator" doesn't mean a god dammed thing, and that anyone here can have any rank and the community would remain in the same status.

Veterans and legends are only public figures. If Marsh had an owner title and Yukiro ran the forums without anybody knowing, people would be happy, because the person they WANT to own the forums seems to own it. It's not the staff or the owner causing the problems, it's the communication and cooperation between members and staff alike. Everyone is to blame for Eclipse's status. It's not Amish's or Yukiro's fault alone. EVERYONE is to blame.

I have one last statement to say...

Eclipse isn't over. This isn't the end of Eclipse. It will survive again and again and again.

I thank everybody for everything... I hope someone can remove my developer rank within the next hour. I hope this at least means something to community. This to me, is letting go of something I have thrived to reach.

Best Regards,

Dylan Dodds.

Please stop begging for sympathy. That's just showing that the title means a lot to you and that you are higher up than normal members.

Who cares if members dislike you now that you have the developer rank? Big whoop. You were chosen to be a developer of a community to make something new. Not to whine about how the title is changing how people look at you.

Prove to them that you can be a developer. Make something worthy enough to be published on here. Just stop whining about stuff. Nothing shows the community how weak a staff member is when they post this kind of stuff.

**inb4 ban because the staff members here will disagree with me.**

> Hath no fear Aaron / Skyward, this wouldn't lead to a ban, and I'm a little sad you think it would! That's not the community we are striving for here.
>
> I actually agree with your statements!

Hopefully the rest of the Eclipse staff is as sane as you Rob.  :wacko:

This has nothing to do with banning members… I wasn't looking for sympathy i was more or less just looking to give up, I guess. Some of us run on Motivation, and I've always been that way. No motivation, means no output. It's just stressful, and I don't like being under stress, nothing more to that. No way to put it besides the fact that I'm not the kind of person that wants to be under the negative thoughts of others, I cannot stress enough how demotivating it is to tell someone there idea won't happen.

Call me weak, but I might just be the kinda of person that doesn't work well when being doubt.

> This has nothing to do with banning members… I wasn't looking for sympathy i was more or less just looking to give up, I guess. Some of us run on Motivation, and I've always been that way. No motivation, means no output. It's just stressful, and I don't like being under stress, nothing more to that. No way to put it besides the fact that I'm not the kind of person that wants to be under the negative thoughts of others, I cannot stress enough how demotivating it is to tell someone there idea won't happen.
>
>  
>
> Call me weak, but I might just be the kinda of person that doesn't work well when being doubt.

Then don't let other's peoples opinions bring you down in motivation. Get your shit together and make your developer position an actual meaning.