Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Worlds Discussion

Helladen

Arguing aside, I've always been a HUGE fan of Eclipse Worlds. To date it's probably the best custom version out there in regards to "features" and the rendering changes are spectacular.

EVB is an amazing base, neatly coded, and very well optimized, but lacks features and newer technology that is found in EW.

You can't compare EW and EVB, it's like comparing Apples and Oranges.

I like Eclipse Worlds myself. The map editor is the best I've ever used the moral editor is a really nice feature. There are only a few things that could be added to it that would make it great for a base engine and one of which already comes with gold edition.

> Well, nothing on EW, but EVB is a refined EO 2.0\. It's the only "improved" base engine from EO 2.0 and that's a fact.

We all know JC's event system is poorly coded, but it does make Eclipse a much better engine. I am a fan of it which is why it is found in my engine.

I made this topic to try to be more open and make the engine better, even if I think it is already the best as the open-source suite. My engine is not meant to be an engine, it is meant to be a base for fans of Runescape type games. Although, as people said Eclipse engines are not really engines, they are bases to work with.

> After 12 years people finally get it.
>
> Ps. Mirage was an amazing game.

I've known that since I was apart of XtremeWorlds almost 7 years ago. I was in MMO development for about 2 years before I realized that 2006-2008\. Eclipse was always trying to be an engine, XtremeWorlds/PlayerWorlds was trying to be a game.

• 1 month later...
Stuff the server needs and clinet needs

(Server side options)

Bloodsplatte (on and off button)

hp/mp revive part where people revive while sitting or walking (on and off switch)

to be able to see the chats (guild/clan,admin,private messages) a packet log for it.

(Client fixes)

Full screen option or the maximize button to blow your screen up. (is needed so we dont have to VB edit it)

Background animation for panoramas. (twinkling stars,clouds,birds whatever you decide.) Maybe a time set on it.

Maybe a auto background panoramas, where it just filles the whole background of your map so you dont have to edit everyone of the panoramas to the size you want. If it doesnt have it already.

Clckable NPC bank idea would be great. 

(Xtreme worlds had a shop button so you didnt have to walk into the (s) aka Shop spot a greeting message "Hello welcome" and leave message "Goodbye" The whole map was the shop.)

(Might already be done)

Born Location/everyones personal spawn. When starting the game in Playerworlds in the past you had a starting kingdom you could select. You picked it and it spawned you in a location. Good for editing it for your own spawn location/house/guild.

(Books item where you read books like xtreme Worlds)

Know your working on the quests,guild thing

all that would be great

(Simple fix)

When doing "/edit items" next to price there is a check. I cant read the word there. or know what the checks for. It needs fixed.

Does EW have the option for attack, death and corpse animations? I saw a line of code saying 'check for attack animation' and I think I saw NPC corpses in one of the videos for Nin Online that Aeirex posted.

If so is there a tutorial for how to enable these features?

> Does EW have the option for attack, death and corpse animations? I saw a line of code saying 'check for attack animation' and I think I saw NPC corpses in one of the videos for Nin Online that Aeirex posted.

Advanced animation systems like that are not free, it would only be released for the **Gold Edition**
. That feature will be released likely in 1.2.7.

> I am going to give people who are long supporters of the site, who contribute tutorials, and such it for free. You just need to help the community. :D

Now its time to start brain storming ways to help out with community! Oh, and sorry for my random posts, its my birthday and I've been awake for about 30 hours now so I'm not running at my usual capacity.