Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remaking Cyrus

Jumbofile

Back in August 2012 I started a project called Cyrus and got decently far into development. Due to lack of motivation and skill I dropped the project and never looked back. Yesterday I was going through my old laptop and found all of the project files and said to myself "I can do so much better". So that is what im going to do, Im remaking the project with better graphics and a better engine. I will post all of my progress here until I have enough to create a proper WIP. Im going for the same style just with more detail.

First thing I did was re-do the sprite.

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/4dad46290683bab755e18039c3be127c.png)

x2

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/ad9d855759ab1cf68c505b181554cba3.png)

-Made shorter

-Changed colors

-No black outline

-More color shades

-Smoother

Glad to see everyone likes it! I dont have anything to show sadly because most of the work ive been doing is on the engine and is not the eye-candy people enjoy. Within the next 5 days I will post the first dungeon and the armor set for Melee/tank class.

Should I rename Cyrus??

I would choose the name you feel resonates best.

Arkadia holds so much meaning to me as it has gone back years and years. The name carries so much weight for me.

What type of virtual world would you want to control? What would such a world be called? It is kind of like naming a child.

If the name dosent hold any weight for you, try something else. The name Cyrus is however a fine and proper name imo, but it is a decision you have to ultimately make :)

Yeah I really like that new sprite, you can definitely see an improvement in your skill as a pixel artist.

I wouldn't say it looks like a player sprite though. The pissed off face makes me think it's some kind of villager in a Gnomoria/Towns/Dwarf Fortress style game. "Off to haul some more stone. *sigh*"

I would rename it yes. "Cyrus" just feels like someone misspelled "Cyprus" - what you want to do in this case is use some random fantasy name generators/guild name generators and combine the results that you like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...