Pokemon Black & White

Kite

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alphonse:

> Very nice selection  :cheesy:

Thanks. :3 - I had the R4 version at first, but decided to buy a real copy of Pokémon Black, so I did! Now I'm currently level 17 with my Pignite and level 15 with my Simisage. :)

I love the Rival Battle theme btw! It's so hilarious XD.

I'm very fond of pokemon, seeing that it has always had a special place in my childhood memories. But the new generations, including diamond/pearl and now black/white look like they have rushed the idea for a new game too much. They look like a bunch of autistic kids drew them. I'm sad to see such a franchise die so fast like the creator.

@William:

> I'm very fond of pokemon, seeing that it has always had a special place in my childhood memories. But the new generations, including diamond/pearl and now black/white look like they have rushed the idea for a new game too much. They look like a bunch of autistic kids drew them. I'm sad to see such a franchise die so fast like the creator.

I **strongly** disagree.

I think you and I both have outgrown Pokemon. I do enjoy going back and playing the older versions, but I don't find the newer versions any bit of lesser games. I realize I just don't have the patience to play them. I have different interests nowadays. Equal time was put into each version of Pokemon released (as well as equal effort).

P.S. Not sure if you're trollin' or not (internet sarcasm isn't the easiest to detect) but the creator of Pokemon is not dead. That was a Twitter hoax.

@MrMiguu:

> I **strongly** disagree.
>
> I think you and I both have outgrown Pokemon. I do enjoy going back and playing the older versions, but I don't find the newer versions any bit of lesser games. I realize I just don't have the patience to play them. I have different interests nowadays. Equal time was put into each version of Pokemon released (as well as equal effort).
>
> P.S. Not sure if you're trollin' or not (internet sarcasm isn't the easiest to detect) but the creator of Pokemon is not dead. That was a Twitter hoax.

I don't think you can just outgrow a set of games. I still play childish games when they are around, including the pokemon series, but that wasn't my point I was trying to make clear. If you look at how unoriginal the newer ones look. They constantly look downgraded throughout the generations. Which makes me not even want to touch it, just because it looks completely terrible. Oh and, I knew it was a hoax, but we can dream can't we?

_@Alphonse & Socuine_

Nice teams, heres mine so far in-game (6 Badges):

1\. Samurott (Kai)
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.png)

2\. Swoobat (Cupid)
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/528.png)

3\. Krokorok (Rex)
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/552.png)–>![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/553.png)

4\. Eelektross (Nemo lol)
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/604.png)

5\. Lampent (Luna)
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/608.png)–>![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/609.png)

6\. Fraxure (Jade)
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/611.png)–>![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.png)

Everyones sticking around for the League  ;)

I agree with Miguu. Maybe a few like the ice cream pokemon are kinda lame, but the rest are pretty amazing. Especially with most of the 5th gens having clashing types (like bug+fire). It makes it way harder to just win by type advantage.

I think the problem here is just nostalgia for the original pokemon, and some people don't want to much of a good thing. But that goes back to what gwen was saying about sports games and coming out with an exact same annual game with 1 or 2 new features.. pokemon -IMO- doesn't do that fortunately, and that should be a good thing. Its like playing a final fantasy game, same old game just new stories to play through. (Not a FF fan though so don't quote me on that).

–-----------

@Socuine:

> Disagreed. Would be sweet, real-time battle that is.

Iv'e always wanted to see this. From the first time watching pokemon I would never think to be playing it turn based. Personally it would have been cooler as an all out action game, where the player gains temporary control of the pokemon during a battle. Imagine running around as pikachu hitting A+B to activate volt tackle and for the next 10 seconds running into the enemy would deal the appropriate damage. Would take ALOT of work, but I wan't to see it before I die.. lol

-Jake

**@Jake** Well Kender is just right; like every other admin on these forums. Their brains are superior to your's or mine. That's just the way it works. We may agree with each other, but in the long run when other members of these forums come back to look on these posts, they will side with the superior administrators.

@MrMiguu:

> **@Jake** Well Kender is just right; like every other admin on these forums. Their brains are superior to your's or mine. That's just the way it works. We may agree with each other, but in the long run when other members of these forums come back to look on these posts, they will side with the superior administrators.

Sadly true..

I'm curious to see the big hype of the new Pokemon generation. I last played Emerald and it was alright. It kept my attention for a few hours. Though, I thought it lacked animation. You use tackle and you slide to right. Reminded me too much of RPG Maker VX. :C

Haven't even seen the new Pokemon though, but I would hope they invested some eye candy into the plain action command battle system.

That, and PLEASE tell me they changed up the story rather than that over-used: "I'm new here!"  "Oh some random pedophile of a professor is giving me a Pokemon? Cool! I think I'm gonna go fight Gym Leaders for lolz and no purpose! :D"

@Toshiro:

> I'm curious to see the big hype of the new Pokemon generation. I last played Emerald and it was alright. It kept my attention for a few hours. Though, I thought it lacked animation. You use tackle and you slide to right. Reminded me too much of RPG Maker VX. :C
> Haven't even seen the new Pokemon though, but I would hope they invested some eye candy into the plain action command battle system.

haha Yea, sprites are animated now. Looks kinda cool.

@Toshiro:

> That, and PLEASE tell me they changed up the story rather than that over-used: "I'm new here!"  "Oh some random pedophile of a professor is giving me a Pokemon? Cool! I think I'm gonna go fight Gym Leaders for lolz and no purpose! :D"

lol That **IS** Pokemon.
Well the professors a girl this time but the rest, yea.

Mr. Miguu, you are only as old as you feel. I find that there are more people who play pokemon in the 20-25 age range then there really should be. Many people play pokemon games for different reasons, I play because I love the expansive worlds and sense of adventure. Oh and I love collecting and battling… I don't know why. Others may play for different reasons.

I've noticed a lot of little details playing this one that I absolutely adore, which has allowed me to move past the aspects of the game I don't care for.  If anything has bugged me it's how poorly the English localization went. Everything is.... blah? Beyond that I see it helping the franchise rather than hurting it.

P.S. 1.08 million on the first day isn't too bad.

Edit: Did anyone notice how Racist the game is? ;)

@MrMiguu:

> **@Jake** Well Kender is just right; like every other admin on these forums. Their brains are superior to your's or mine. That's just the way it works. We may agree with each other, but in the long run when other members of these forums come back to look on these posts, they will side with the superior administrators.

What are you attempting to insinuate here?

@Azure:

> Obvious insult is obvious? ;)

Nah just giving him a chance to see what he is implying by the insult. Because I hardly think I'm right 100% of the time. But in this topic, I stated my opinion, and my opinion only. Opinions don't have to be right. You don't have to be butt hurt just because I have an opinion and am also a part of the Eclipse admin team.

@[Jake:

> link=topic=69761.msg752986#msg752986 date=1300057307]
> Iv'e always wanted to see this. From the first time watching pokemon I would never think to be playing it turn based. Personally it would have been cooler as an all out action game, where the player gains temporary control of the pokemon during a battle. Imagine running around as pikachu hitting A+B to activate volt tackle and for the next 10 seconds running into the enemy would deal the appropriate damage. Would take ALOT of work, but I wan't to see it before I die.. lol
>
> -Jake

[It's a start?](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9Park_Wii:_Pikachu%27s_Adventure) however not a very good one.

No more Fanboy -"I wish they would do this, or that" - please. v_v If you think it's better your way then what they've stuck to for something like 20 years then by all means go make a fan game. -_-

On topic with the thread, I noticed how much more interesting the weather is.