Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon Black & White

Kite

@Azure:

> No more Fanboy -"I wish they would do this, or that" - please. v_v If you think it's better your way then what they've stuck to for something like 20 years then by all means go make a fan game. -_-
>
> On topic with the thread, I noticed how much more interesting the weather is.

don't make me feel old by saying pokemon has been around that long, it's only been like 12 years! oh crap that's still a long ass time -.-'

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just lost my first IR battle with my brother. His Pokémon were insane. I always showed people my Pokémon purely out of enthuasiam, but I learned it's better to keep things silent to increase the chance of winning. I had an Emboar that fainted about 3 pokemon of his,  but his team caught me by surprise because he knew what kind of Pokémon I had. Funny thing is, though, he had a Water pokemon (can't remember his/her name) but was extremely lightweighted. I killed his Pokémon using Heat something which deals damage to the opposing Pokemon based on it's weight, yeah, ohk ftw.

@Azure:

> I haven't had a chance to battle yet. I'm not sure how well I'll do. I've got several level thirties, but I haven't played in a few days. Anyone get Victini?

I have Victini. It's level 15, and a b*tch to catch. My suggestion would be get it down to as low HP as you can in 2 or fewer moves, then use a Quick Ball or Ultra ball. Took me about 4 tries to get it, but it paid off in the end. ;D

@Lightning:

> I have Victini. It's level 15, and a b*tch to catch. My suggestion would be get it down to as low HP as you can in 2 or fewer moves, then use a Quick Ball or Ultra ball. Took me about 4 tries to get it, but it paid off in the end. ;D

I would lower his HP, use a song which puts him asleep, throw either a Quick Ball or Timer Ball depending the length. I don't have Victini though.

I have two Pokémon that are Level 54 and 51 (Emboar & Simisage). The rest are pretty much "used" as a HM slave, but I'm going to level these up in a few days.

@Azure:

> I used Ultra balls on Victini… Yeah his catch rate is insane.  I could have six level 100s in a matter of days if I could be arsed to play seriously. I've been going slow to keep pace with my lady friend.

You have a _Lady Friend_ that plays **Pokemon** .. ?! Where can I buy one of those!

I finally went out and got Pokemon White (legally) and I am liking it more than I thought I would :D The graphics are actually really cool and I got used to the bizarre pokemon after a bit. I was getting worried that I wouldn't like it for a bit though when I saw the starters :P

The further I get the more I like it. The rain just sucks me in. Also I think Joltik is kind of cute… in a buggy way. Also if you can be arsed to do so I suggest hopping on the wifi and snagging the other two starters. =D It's a real team stabilizer.

@Skweek:

> As in getting them traded to me? So far I have the two monkeys that balance my team :P

haha I learned the hard way that the monkeys kinda suck. I realized pansear wasn't doing so well so I swapped him out for a litwick(jasper) as soon as I saw one:
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/607.png)
Much better  :cheesy:

Its a Lampent now, but If I could find a dusk stone it would be a Chandelure!
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/609.png)

@[Jake:

> link=topic=69761.msg756344#msg756344 date=1300723622]
> Oh cool. So I'll get it right after I beat the 8th gym.(Just got in Opelucid)

Yea, or you could just walk to it now. ;D I got it before I did the gym.

You will come across a bridge. Walk across it, and you will see a 1-tile thickness of wild grass going up. Follow that path and talk to the last person you see. He should give you a dusk stone.

The only point I'd argue with Nintendo on (since I'm a 2-D biased whore) is that they should bring back the beautiful 2-D graphics of Pokemon. I understand that they are technically still 2-D, but you should know what I'm talking about.

Pokemon Ruby and Saphire had awe-inspiring graphics for their time.

@MrMiguu:

> The only point I'd argue with Nintendo on (since I'm a 2-D biased whore) is that they should bring back the beautiful 2-D graphics of Pokemon. I understand that they are technically still 2-D, but you should know what I'm talking about.
>
> Pokemon Ruby and Saphire had awe-inspiring graphics for their time.

This is true. I prefer playing sapphire to be honest. But the graphics are what made pokemon what it is, the best the platform can handle at the time.

Where abouts do I find Litwick? I am only up to the 3rd gym :P

@Skweek:

> Where abouts do I find Litwick? I am only up to the 3rd gym :P

All over Celestial Tower, off of route 7/Mistralton City (around the 6th gym: before or after)
It will be Lv 26-29, good luck!  ;)

Just got my 8th badge all thanks to Jade! [Fraxure]
![](http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/611.png)
Off to Victory Road  :cheesy:

Soo.. I started over a few days ago. Caught some Pokémon and breed them first and transfered them over to my brother's DS. Started over, picked a starter and trades back my pokemon that I had breeded.

I'm progressing the game with 3 Pokémon atm, these are:

1\. Lv 30: Dragonair
2\. LV 26: Absol
3\. LV 28: Ruffle

Also, DreamWorld is coming out.. Today?

@Socuine:

> Soo.. I started over a few days ago. Caught some Pokémon and breed them first and transfered them over to my brother's DS. Started over, picked a starter and trades back my pokemon that I had breeded.
>
> I'm progressing the game with 3 Pokémon atm, these are:
>
> 1\. Lv 30: Dragonair
> 2\. LV 26: Absol
> 3\. LV 28: Ruffle
>
> Also, DreamWorld is coming out.. Today?

It was March 30th:
http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html
But due to the earthquake in japan its delayed :/

But how did you get Hoenn pokemon into black/white? I thought you couldn't do that till you got the national dex?