Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Legend Vs Soucine

Helpmeplz

![](http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/legendweaver/ThreadLogo.png)

So, both me and Socuine are formidable artists and we decided to make a thread where we hold our battles! This thread is meant for a learning curve. How do we improve ourselves otherwise?

Genre's will be random and totally out of the blue. The current genre is **Western**. The text will say Bandit town.

You guys will be the judges

3/8/11
Socuine's was more professional and won this time.

Hmm I think legend's hit the genre better for this one. The wooden board background is nicely suited. The faded colors is a nice addition to it.  Soc yours is little too 'new' in my opion, although I really like the cowboy riding. It was a very nice touch. Good job both of you.

In respect of design, I think Socuine's tops it off. The rustic look works well with the genre, just as much as Legend's wooden piece. The lighting source also works well to make the text look intended. I must say I like Socuine's more.

Yeah, Legends hits the genre a bit more, but it seems more like a shop sign, rather than the feel that Socuine's has, created by the dark colors. Also the bullet holes and cowboy are a nice touch.

Add some Light>Dark brown gradient ellipses to the centre of your bullet holes, then negative emboss them, make then slightly transparent  they will have a bit more depth, currently the bullet holes look like coffee stains. I do prefer Socuines, looks more professional than legends.

@Toranos:

> Lolwat, it was a contest between the two to see who is superior.

Not really, was to help us improve. @Chief:

> I might have to participate, but not today. hanging out with friends on spring break! Maybe when I get home late tonight?

Gtfo. Sure but this is just to help us improve.  @Devo:

> I do prefer Socuines, looks more professional than legends.

I agree.
@Sekaru:

> Definitely Socks'. No offence Legend, yours just looks like text with a red stroke added onto a wood texture.

I used brushes too :3 Socuine's is text with brushes as well, but as devo said his look more professional

I didn't at all like the border on mines

Just keep practicing, don't get all hung up on having graphics wars.

I suggest offering some form of free work for sigs/logos for people. Receiving many different requests and ideas can often help you 'force' yourself into learning new things. Often when you do things just for yourself, you become complacent and don't learn new techniques and don't improve existing ones.

@Devo:

> Just keep practicing, don't get all hung up on having graphics wars.
>
> I suggest offering some form of free work for sigs/logos for people. Receiving many different requests and ideas can often help you 'force' yourself into learning new things. Often when you do things just for yourself, you become complacent and don't learn new techniques and don't improve existing ones.

Man thats some good advice there, Devo.