Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

M8.8 Quake hits japan, what would it be now with the Economy

Lavos

If they could survive godzilla, they can handle a mere tsunami…

I hear that there are some sick waves in the pacific because of this!

I'm sure ps4 technology is safe in a vault somewhere…

On Robin's Topic:

@Robin:

> My thoughts exactly.

Agreed. This is why the world punishes us. We develop "new technology" just to benefit ourselves without regard to what we are doing to our ONLY HOME (yeah yeah, as of now blah, but not certain). Although technology is great, it is our ultimate demise…

And unfortunately, there are some people who disregard others' well-being and are only worried about how they are affected. Fuck people's self-concerns...

@McAdams:

> The fact that you're more concerned about the technology you might not have or the money you aren't going to make over the thousands of people dead concerns me.

I have an aunt that actually lives there, I just don't really wanna be thinking about dead ppl right now. >.>

Well last I saw on NHK World the casualties were 173 or something like that with 500 possible missing, so far. So unless your aunt lived in the worst hit prefectures I'm sure she's fine. If the communication lines are availible you should call and see (or have someone in your family make contact).

Thats actually quite a testiment to the japanese people. only 173 deaths, with 500 people missing for the largest earthquake in recoded history…. considering that the New Zealand/Chili/Haiti quake killed more people and and were lesser quakes.

I just hope the numbers dont go up after they get things cleaned up.

@Anna:

> Well last I saw on NHK World the casualties were 173 or something like that with 500 possible missing, so far. So unless your aunt lived in the worst hit prefectures I'm sure she's fine. If the communication lines are availible you should call and see (or have someone in your family make contact).

Thx anne.

@Anna:

> Edit: lol @ AmSamurai's luddite nonsense :3

haha, wtf. I just came back on and reread what I said earlier. Swhat happens when you mix weed with trying to have "intellectual" talks about what's going on in the world :3

@Lavos:

> Kinda worries me now since most of the technology comes from the country, hell it might be even harder for me to make money.

Quantum processors are being researched in **the Netherlands**, so I wouldn't bother. We all know Dutch people either are programmers/technicians or pictures of chilidog stars.

@McAdams:

> The fact that you're more concerned about the technology you might not have or the money you aren't going to make over the thousands of people dead concerns me.

![](http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/charity.png)

@Chief:

> I saw quake, and thought this was about the game. I've been playing the first one recently. quite interesting, lol

It was my first thought as well.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Lavos:

> Kinda worries me now since most of the technology comes from the country, hell it might be even harder for me to make money.

I lol'd. No joke. Yeah, it was an earthquake, and yeah I guess if you have any moral prospects in your mind, you should be like "oh poor people". But To be completely honest, if something like that were to happen in the U.S, do you think they'd give a shit? I don't think they as a whole would. I mean, yeah, I'm self-concerned, but that's because if I'm not, then I'm not following the first rule of life, look after yourself. I hope this doesn't delay MGS:Rising.

tl;dr Eh. Shit happens.

Japan receives over 4500 earthquakes a year, like 15/day.
So it's just an another earthquake… They got anti-earthquakes technology.
Point is, they had way lower victims than any other disaster in the world. They can survive it.

@aminooo:

> Japan receives over 4500 earthquakes a year, like 15/day.
> So it's just an another earthquake… They got anti-earthquakes technology.
> Point is, they had way lower victims than any other disaster in the world. They can survive it.

And do any of those earthquakes cause a tsumami to cover the Pacific Ocean, threatening many of the islands on it? You cannot exactly say that it doesn't matter after it has killed so many people.

I read somewhere that a ship got push out to sea with something like 100 people on it, I don't know what happened.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=69892.msg752231#msg752231 date=1299932987]
> And do any of those earthquakes cause a tsumami to cover the Pacific Ocean, threatening many of the islands on it? You cannot exactly say that it doesn't matter after it has killed so many people.

True,  not all of them caused such a distaster, i also heard authorities are shutting down nuclear stations, so they can avoid explosions.
@Anŧhøñy:

> Farewell Cat Island ;_;
> http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow-a-cat-and-kitten-blog/japans-cat-island-likely-submerged-by-tsunami/2011/03/11/

DAMMIT! Poor kittens!! D:

Off-Topic : There's an island down in that map called "HI", lol.

On-Topic : That sir, means that USA is going into deep trouble, those radiations will duck up the whole place… That why Japan is shutting down every Nuclear station.