Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 4.0 [Source]

Link

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> For the people previously using EO 4.0, you can continue to use it as you were and I'm still offering server hosting that choice is yours.

Yes, but now is not realy worth to buy gold membership off EO4\. Now sitaution is:

EO4 gold is not worth , because EO4 will not be developer

EO4 silver is very limited

And EO4 opensource are totaly unusable. What now ?

Only interseting thing for me in EO4 was dungon generator.

> If people donate toward it then sure. I would only update it as **Head Developer** if enough people wanted it, but I am more focused on my own engine.

Not meant to offend at all, but just to point out something a little obvious. Shouldn't the "Head developer" of eclipse origins be focused on the site's official engine, rather than their own spin-off?

> Not meant to offend at all, but just to point out something a little obvious. Shouldn't the "Head developer" of eclipse origins be focused on the site's official engine, rather than their own spin-off?

Eclipse Origins was @[member="jcsnider"] flavour of Robin's which he updated to version 3 and 4\. @[member="Robin"] was responsible for 1 and 2\. Eclipse Worlds is my flavour of Robin's Eclipse Origins 2\. These engines are all open-source, and we work together whether we like it or not. The source-code is available and any programmer that doesn't use it, is not very good, so rest assured that the best of both worlds will soon surface. It just takes time to do.

> Eclipse Origins was @[member="jcsnider"] flavour of Robin's which he updated to version 3 and 4\. @[member="Robin"] was responsible for 1 and 2\. Eclipse Worlds is my flavour of Robin's Eclipse Origins 2\. These engines are all open-source, and we work together whether we like it or not. The source-code is available and any programmer that doesn't use it, is not very good, so rest assured that the best of both worlds will soon surface. It just takes time to do.

I'm a little confused now, are you implying your engine will implement the "best of both worlds"? If so then that makes a lot more sense now.

There are features in EO4, such as the gui editor, which made it more favorable than worlds for my needs, so i'd be glad to hear if this was the case.

> I'm a little confused now, are you implying your engine will implement the "best of both worlds"? If so then that makes a lot more sense now.
>
> There are features in EO4, such as the gui editor, which made it more favorable than worlds for my needs, so i'd be glad to hear if this was the case.

Yes, the house system, GUI editor, and instanced system will be put into Eclipse Worlds 1.3.0\. Think of EW 1.3.0 the official switch for the community to my flavour. JC's work did not go to waste though, because his event system is in my flavour as well as many improvements he made.

I may very well swap out the quest system to his (can't remember of his has a quest system). A lot of these features may be put off til later, because it is indeed a lot of work to make sure it all works flawlessly together.

Hmm, Aeirex, I must ask: Will you be planning on creating a sort of character creation system similar to EO4 for Eclipse Worlds? I'm unaware if Eclipse Worlds already has something of the sort, but when I dipped my toes in the the water I didn't see anything of the sort.

I'm asking simply because that was one of the biggest drives for me to use EO4\. I was curious to know if you were planning on creating a similar (albeit probably cleaner) form of that system.

I apologize if you've been asked this already. I didn't see anywhere you had been asked that.

> Yes, the house system, GUI editor, and instanced system will be put into Eclipse Worlds 1.3.0\. Think of EW 1.3.0 the official switch for the community to my flavour. JC's work did not go to waste though, because his event system is in my flavour as well as many improvements he made.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> I may very well swap out the quest system to his (can't remember of his has a quest system). A lot of these features may be put off til later, because it is indeed a lot of work to make sure it all works flawlessly together.

Awesome, I see now why there is really no need to touch up this EO4 anymore, thanks for clearing up my concerns.

> Hmm, Aeirex, I must ask: Will you be planning on creating a sort of character creation system similar to EO4 for Eclipse Worlds? I'm unaware if Eclipse Worlds already has something of the sort, but when I dipped my toes in the the water I didn't see anything of the sort.

Yes, my engine already has multi-character support, but I just do not have a GUI. It also lacks the actual character components that EO4 has, so these will be carried over in 1.3.0\. This release may be a long ways off (few months),  but I will try my best to get it done asap.

> Yes, the house system, GUI editor, and instanced system will be put into Eclipse Worlds 1.3.0\. Think of EW 1.3.0 the official switch for the community to my flavour. JC's work did not go to waste though, because his event system is in my flavour as well as many improvements he made.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> I may very well swap out the quest system to his (can't remember of his has a quest system). A lot of these features may be put off til later, because it is indeed a lot of work to make sure it all works flawlessly together.

The biggest thing for me in EO4 that made me want to use it was the added GUI editor. For someone like me who has to rely on other people for programming but also love making GUIs it was pretty epic and made it so much easier for me to work with while designing GUIs, so hearing that the GUI editor will still be available is pretty awesome!

EO4 had a quest system, but ive found several bugs with it, if you plan on using that one and want a more detailed bug report id be happy to help.

Ok so i have two simply question:

I there any way to run EO4 gold (with instences and dungeons) when i dont have gold account ? Is there still chance to buy it ? And how long will be maintained auth servers ?

Is there any team developing EO5 ?  Or EO is dead and developed will be only other open sorce engines (like Eclipse worlds)

Thanks for answers

Instancing was removed by Irokaiser, it was his system. He didn't want it included in the open source because people I guess were paying him to add it to their game, that was not something I can stop. EO 5 "Eclipse Worlds" is the official engine. If you mean a browser based engine or something of that nature, I'm currently trying to get things in order.