Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 4.0 [Source]

Link

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> why cant you? i was using it earlier and was fine for me the code is really messy to work with though

I can compile the client without problems, but when I try to compile the server I get this error:

![](http://i.imgur.com/GI6so8Q.png)

> You should be able to, it's definitely an issue with your VB6\. It's probably the same reason why you couldn't compile other engines.

I just have compilation errors when I try to modify an engine, I never had problems with clean engines before  :(

> theirs no frmlogin so delete it
>
>  
>
>  
>
> And to everyone loading server and it asking you to sign in you need to open it in vb6 go to project and make it that form start up is frmServer not frmLogin and your good to go :)

Thank you! This have worked a bit, but a lot of new bugs have appeared, I think I'll wait a new custom and clear version be released…  :wacko:

> @sekaru, for once I actually agree with you about not getting hopes up. But the same time we don't want to be like the last dev team and not update. Unfortunately if we don't post a few notices here and there we will get complaints as well, either way its a loss. I'm just going to try my best to make some dev updates here and there and not promise anything big. As I've stated with spark it was a side project I started a few months back and only became official because I found the source and cleaned it up… Somewhat.... Its a tad bit... Speghetti coded right now. Past me didn't expect it to be anything real...

This community isnt really that much about game development that anyone would fuss if nothing happened, you guys are here to socialize with old friends very few people are actually actively developing games and none of them have a game that needs a better engine to support its userbase. any pressure to produce isnt real.

makes a lot more sense to make the product first then promote it after you already know what you have.

> Turns out I was right. This sourcecode is disgusting and is full of other people's work.
>
>  
>
>  
>
>  
>
> Yeah because it was Scott's code. For some reason everyone here wants to defend Kibbelz (who has time and time again proved that he isn't an able programmer, so seeing him create a "dungeon system" from scratch was pretty damn shocking) and JC.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> If I were you I'd stop getting people's hopes up about a new engine in a new language until there's a fair bit of progress because the reality is it'll get dropped half way through.

don't know if that helps you or not sherwin, sekaru posted that earlier

I will eat my shoe. No. I will eat my own arm if you somehow prove to me that the same kid who had trouble programming attribute that would allow you to do pvp on a map managed to create a whole dungeon system. He either stole Scott's or Rose's.

I can't prove anything, I've worked with him in the past and I've seen his capability, not saying it's the greatest on Eclipse. I can't prove he didn't steal it, but you can't prove that he did….. so I guess that would make each comment speculation huh?

quiet impresst with the features of this open version of eclipse 4 it did require me to remove some external account loggin code sets in order to recompile in my vb6 on the server side' but this  so far seems to be a very interesting engine looking forward to seeing what i can make and what the community creates with this and see it evolve into something even more epic