Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 4.0 [Source]

Link

Before moving on to the download take a second to give back what you can, if you can. The site no longer runs on 4.0 being sold, I'm running it out of my own pockets. I would appreciate any of the members who chip in to help on the bill for the site, It would greatly help!! Doesn't have to be a set amount, but donate what you can if you can by going to the "Donate" page! You'll be rewarded donator status and forum points as a bonus, with a big special hug from the eclipse team. Just shoot me a pm if you do decide to help the eclipse site.

[Click Here to Donate](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/donate.html)

The anticipation was real, but the eclipse 4.0 source code is here. Fair warning, to programmers without good knowledge of vb6 reading or sorting through this will be almost impossible, for those more experienced programmers I've seen the source code myself and it's rather messy. There wont be support for this source code any longer as there will be a new official vb6 engine soon.

[Eclipse 4.0 Source](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/Eclipse%20Origins%204.2.2.zip)

Expected updates:

Eclipse Spark Engine, browser based.

New official vb6 engine.

Possible Contest in search of a new vb6 developer.

Thanks,

Yukiro

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't John making Lunar any more? Did i miss something? Anywho glad you didn't ruin my birthday buy not posting it after midnight lol. Either way If i had a computer that still had vb6 on it would take a look. Also why is there no support? Is it because of how bad the code is laid out?

> Why isn't John making Lunar any more? Did i miss something? Anywho glad you didn't ruin my birthday buy not posting it after midnight lol. Either way If i had a computer that still had vb6 on it would take a look. Also why is there no support? Is it because of how bad the code is laid out?

I'll support it if no-one else will.

first,I thank you very much for bringing back eclipse to it`s former state!

i checked the EO4 source,and i must say REFUND BACK the money,

the only unique features of this version are ZONES and DUNGEONS,

for Zones i am frustrated… not only it`s badly coded,it`s specially very badly thinked..

how would i do it would you ask?

first of all, i would have made only zone npcs,no more need for map npcs... it just make the server overloop hundred of times more than needed (check the CPS it`s awfull) , and then if i need an npc to stay in a map of that zone we need just to add a conditional check...

second i would have added seemless maps , zones are just worthless without that.

now for Dungeons, wich i think is the only interesting feature code wise in this engine,

it seems that part of it`s code was removed! EO4 isn t worth a penny without it.

Turns out I was right. This sourcecode is disgusting and is full of other people's work.

> now for Dungeons, wich i think is the only interesting feature code wise in this engine,
>
> it seems that part of it`s code was removed! EO4 isn t worth a penny without it.

Yeah because it was Scott's code. For some reason everyone here wants to defend Kibbelz (who has time and time again proved that he isn't an able programmer, so seeing him create a "dungeon system" from scratch was pretty damn shocking) and JC.

> Expected updates:
>
> Eclipse Spark Engine, browser based.
>
> New official vb6 engine.

If I were you I'd stop getting people's hopes up about a new engine in a new language until there's a fair bit of progress because the reality is it'll get dropped half way through.

I'm glad you all have your complaints to express, it just sucks that none of this is relevant to my ownership or me at all. I had nothing to do with how 4.0 was coded or why it was sold, talk to me predecessors about that. I'm just here to offer what I can from anyone willing to join the dev team. At-least be glad I've been giving people what they've been begging for. I've said for the longest time even as a staff eclipse 4.0 was not worthy any money…as to why people are acting so shocked, I might never understand.

Sekaru, you're right about getting hopes up. At this point it's still my choice to make, if I'm wrong then at the end of the day I get the blame brother, but for now at-least let me try things my way. My first time in ownership, I don't know how to run things as well as Marsh, but I'm learning and taking advice from just about anyone I know. It saddens me to see that all you do is actually discourage the development team instead of jumping up to help since you're such a renowned programmer.

I was asked to help. I said okay. And then nothing happened. 

I'm using my skills as a renowned programmer to tell you to be realistic. Creating an engine is a difficult thing to do especially when there's no incentive. I've seen some of the best programmers out there unable to finish engines and you expect Crest and John who, by and large, have never proven themselves to be able to do something like that, to each make their own engines? This is the second time John's been on the dev team and the second time he's given up or whatever his excuse was this time. I believe in Rob because time and time again he's proven himself to be a good developer who's actually done a lot of great work. 

Don't worry though, in a few weeks there'll be an opensource Java engine available for everyone to steal and call their own.

When I get to a WiFi spot somewhere around I'll be posting development updates and explaining the deal with lunar and spark at the moment. Apparently changes were made to our agenda while I was on vacation that may postpone a few plans, but it won't be too surprisingly big. All promises will be kept, just rearranged. This means we might have one engine released in the future and on released sooner. I am going to be taking care of things in a bit, hopefully this restaraunt has WiFi.

When I get to a WiFi spot somewhere around I'll be posting development updates and explaining the deal with lunar and spark at the moment. Apparently changes were made to our agenda while I was on vacation that may postpone a few plans, but it won't be too surprisingly big. All promises will be kept, just rearranged. This means we might have one engine released in the future and on released sooner. I am going to be taking care of things in a bit, hopefully this restaraunt has WiFi.

> I'm glad you all have your complaints to express, it just sucks that none of this is relevant to my ownership or me at all. I had nothing to do with how 4.0 was coded or why it was sold, talk to me predecessors about that. I'm just here to offer what I can from anyone willing to join the dev team. At-least be glad I've been giving people what they've been begging for. I've said for the longest time even as a staff eclipse 4.0 was not worthy any money…as to why people are acting so shocked, I might never understand.
>
>  
>
> Sekaru, you're right about getting hopes up. At this point it's still my choice to make, if I'm wrong then at the end of the day I get the blame brother, but for now at-least let me try things my way. My first time in ownership, I don't know how to run things as well as Marshy dearest, but I'm learning and taking advice from just about anyone I know. It saddens me to see that all you do is actually discourage the development team instead of jumping up to help since you're such a renowned programmer.

Screw what we all have said in here with all the complaining. Know the complaining isn't towards you. I think your doing a great job! You need any help just ask man. I'll give any I can.

@sekaru, for once I actually agree with you about not getting hopes up. But the same time we don't want to be like the last dev team and not update. Unfortunately if we don't post a few notices here and there we will get complaints as well, either way its a loss. I'm just going to try my best to make some dev updates here and there and not promise anything big. As I've stated with spark it was a side project I started a few months back and only became official because I found the source and cleaned it up… Somewhat.... Its a tad bit... Speghetti coded right now. Past me didn't expect it to be anything real...