[InDev!]Pokemon Chaos Realm

PD

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow I'm amazed at the support, thanks everyone :D

@Madara!:

> man, if u want i can help u with GUI, i believe in your game. if u want help pm me.

Nah I'm in no need for help but thanks for the offer.

@crzy:

> I've been following this for a long time now. And it is still going strong. Zesh how are you re-working the battles? Thats a little curious to me. How did you have them work before?

Previously the system only took into account the moves power and used that with a formula to create the amount of damage done but now that I have added a move editor that allows you to set the effect of the move, status effect and so on, I'm rewriting the system to incorporate status effects, STAB and all of that to make it like the normal pokemon battle system and it just makes battling better instead of having to rely on the moves power all the time :P

@crzy:

> under stand able. Thanks for the answer zesh.

No problem ;D Here's a little update:

Added Dark type which I missed out previously :P
STAB is now calculated for battle.
Type Effectiveness is now calculated for battle.

So next up will be critical hits and then a framework for held items.

@...:

> Cool, can't wait until you got some kind of alpha client. (which I don't think is anytime soon, I guess?)
>
> Anyway, looking good.

Thanks and yes the client will take awhile longer to be ready for release although I hope to have a dev server up and running soon for creation of ingame content.

@crzy:

> Let me know when its up. I'd love to help test it. Can't wait for this to come out. With all the work you have been putting into this it should turn out great.

Thanks for all the support crzy ;D Sometime next week the dev server will go up and the creation of ingame content will begin. Most of the new maps which will be added have been planned along with the classes. Just some family problems stopping me and Darkbolt from finishing off the plans but they will soon be done. The new attacking system is all but done and now is going to be tested to see if it works and if it deals an appropriate amount of damage. Once thats done the other basic battle features will be added and then we can have a little test :P

@Devlin:

> Looks nice man!
>
> Keep it going,

Thanks. A little update: The dev server has gone up and work on ingame content has began. The attacking system is working fine and is pretty much done. Next I'm going to finish off features like leveling, evolving and such and then I'll release a little test client. More updates coming.

• 2 weeks later...
Update Time: The battle system is all but done now. The only things missing would be move effects, status effects. The battle system has these features:

* Attacking
* Gaining Exp
* Leveling
* Evolving
* Learning Moves
* Switching Pokemon
* Using Items
* Catching

Now with that pretty much done I'm moving onto other features like PC boxes, pokemon following you around and such. Here some eye candy:

>! ![](http://i55.tinypic.com/16c807p.jpg)
![](http://i52.tinypic.com/24wudt0.png)
![](http://i51.tinypic.com/8z30q1.jpg)

Another batch off updates will be coming soon and some more eye candy :cheesy:

@Ryoku:

> Looks awesome =D
>
> Will you be making a better display for Pokemon HP and stats?

Thanks and what display? If your talking about the box on the battle screen that has the HP bar, name, level and exp then probably not cause I like it like that ;D Or are you talking about the stats you get when you level up, all of that green text with the +2s or what? :P

@Schnurman:

> Lol squirtle doesn't know aerial ace, lol just kidding. But this looks awesome zesh, always have my support man.

Aha I was just testing the features and thanks for all the support ;D

@Ryoku:

> the plain battle display that is put to shame by even pokemon R,B,Y.  lol
>
> >.< just my imput as a potential player, it looks a little bland.

Aha! Im not exactly sure of what to change to make it look better cause I like it but mind you I don't really care for the graphics right now, just getting the features in first and once I've released a test client then maybe I'll take a look at it again ;D

@Schnurman:

> Hey zesh I been really working on my gui skills alot, if you need some I don't mind. It will make your game look better and it's not in your time lol. I don't even care about credit xD

@Dremek:

> I will too, You're not the only good GUI person. XD

Thanks for the offer guys and I've PM'd you both about a GUI. I've been working on pc boxes and have the base of it done. Each player will get 10 boxes that can hold 30 pokemon each, so yea…you can't catch 'em all but you can catch quite a few :P I think its time to bring up the new forums, so go ahead and register ;D

http://sleepyentertainment.zxq.net/pcr/