Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[eo] Chest Attribute

kibbelz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, I see what I missed there.. I wrote the + portion in the middle of an array.

```
Sub HandleMapGetItem(ByVal index As Long, ByRef Data() As Byte, ByVal StartAddR As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long)
    Dim b As Long

If Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).Type = TILE_TYPE_CHEST Then
        If Val(GetVar("data\chests\" & Trim(GetPlayerName(index)) & ".ini", "Chests_Map_" & Trim(STR(GetPlayerMap(index))), Trim(STR(GetPlayerX(index))) & "_" & Trim(STR(GetPlayerY(index))))) = 0 Then
            b = FindOpenInvSlot(index, Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).data1)
            Call PlayerMsg(index, "You opened the chest and found " & Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).data2 & " " & Item(Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).data1).Name, White)
            Call SetPlayerInvItemNum(index, b, Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).data1)
            Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, b, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, b) + Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).data2)
            Call PutVar("data\chests\" & Trim(GetPlayerName(index)) & ".ini", "Chests_Map_" & Trim(STR(GetPlayerMap(index))), Trim(STR(GetPlayerX(index))) & "_" & Trim(STR(GetPlayerY(index))), "1")
            Call SendInventoryUpdate(index, b)
        Else
            Call PlayerMsg(index, "You have already looted this chest!", BrightRed)
        End If
    Else
        Call PlayerMapGetItem(index)
    End If
End Sub
```
Try this instead.

@Growlith1223:

> ok now it's saying Compile error: Expected variable or procedure, not project.
> and then it's highlighting
> Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, VB, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, b) + Map(GetPlayerMap(index)).Tile(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)).Data2)

Same thing happened here. I just changed VB to b.

I'm sorting out four or five things at once, and I was working with projects in another screen, so I blindly wrote down vb over there instead of b. :P

But if you can't figure that out, how on earth are you going to make your entire game?  :confused:

Just make sure to make a new folder in Data\ called Chests so your chest data gets stored ;]

edit: Updated the original post with my new sub, and removed the useless INI commands. Seriously, GetVar does NOT error unless you're an idiot and screwed it over.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...