Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server's Capacity

figo566

70 without editing the source code. If you're talking about how many it can hold at it's limits, I remember seeing a thread about that recently, which I now can't find. You can easily edit the amount of players you can allow on one server by changing MAX_PLAYERS in modConstants.

@figo566:

> yes but if i write 1000 in MAX_PLAYERS, the servers running correctly ?

You would need a powerful computer and a strong internet to hold 1000 players. But, no offence, I don't think an eclipse game will ever have over 30 players on at one time. The max I have seen is around 15-20.

@Mr.:

> You would need a powerful computer and a strong internet to hold 1000 players. But, no offence, I don't think an eclipse game will ever have over 30 players on at one time. The max I have seen is around 15-20.

But with a good computer is possible ?

@Mr.:

> You would need a powerful computer and a strong internet to hold 1000 players. But, no offence, I don't think an eclipse game will ever have over 30 players on at one time. The max I have seen is around 15-20.

I've seen an Eclipse EVOLUTION game with over 100 players.

@figo566:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Anyone can say me what is the maximum capacity that eclipse origins can receive.
>
> Thanks

You will find out if your game really ends up getting that popular. Be the first **pioneer** to find out how many licks it takes to get to the maximum-center-limit of players of an Eclipse Origins tootsie-pop.

@kibbelz:

> Or you could just simply find a dedicated server host.

Odds are, the language's flexibility in regards to multithreaded sockets will not hold up to the higher quality of the host; therefore, the issue lies in the program and not the hoster, himself.

@Erkro1:

> It depends on your bandwith, not on pc specs, like Robin already said thousand times.

I never said that. I said the bottleneck is your bandwidth. Machine specs still come in to play.

Anyway, this thread is stupid. You've just got a load of people coming on saying "LOL I DUNNO" or pulling a figure out of their arse or simply pretending they know the limitations of the engine when they've done fuck all game development with it.

Your question can only be answered by _you_.