Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't Install?

SilverBack86

> You need to open the server executable up and wait for it to load. Did you download the [4.2.2](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/136654-eclipse-origins-422/?p=936098)?

I've downloaded the 4.2.2 I am right in thinking that I am opening and allowing to run "eoserver" (which doesn't seem to be doing anything  on my end) then run "eoclient" ? 

I still receive the message "could not connect to game server, The servers may be offline, make sure the ports and address are correct, also be sure you have internet access"

:huh:

> I am having the same trouble.  When I try to run the "EOServer" Nothing happens.  I try to open the client and the list is blank.  I know I missing something simple I just cant find what it is.

if you get it working will you let me know so i can work out what I've done wrong :/ cheers.

Alright, let's start with the basics instead of guessing..

* Have you installed the Library Files? (I would assume so, as it doesn't instantly crash)
* Do you have Administrative permissions on your computer?
* What exactly happens when you launch the server?
* Does the server show up in your Task Manager?

Based on your replies I am guessing your client launches, what screen does it come up with first?

> Alright, let's start with the basics instead of guessing..
>
>  
>
> * Have you installed the Library Files? (I would assume so, as it doesn't instantly crash)
> * Do you have Administrative permissions on your computer?
> * What exactly happens when you launch the server?
> * Does the server show up in your Task Manager?
>
> Based on your replies I am guessing your client launches, what screen does it come up with first?

Hi Joyce,

1) I've downloaded the file 4.2.2, i can only guess that the library files are in there?

2) I can run it with admin permissions if that need to be done, but there's no restrictions to my knowledge, it's my computer.

3) Nothing seem to happen when I run the server, I'm not sure if its running in the task manager

The client launches, I am met with a black screen saying "Failed to connect to server…retrying, attempt 5/5". Covering this is a message saying "could not connect to game server, The servers may be offline, make sure the ports and address are correct, also be sure you have internet access"

I obviously have internet connection, but there is a blank list where I'm guessing the servers should be.

From here I can only click ok which takes me to the server option screen which is again blank with the options of New, Use or Delete.

Interesting, I just tried it myself with the version @[member="Seth"] supplied and it seems that **the server is not a runnable executable**, it simply crashes instantly with **a generic "has stopped working" error**. I'd say that's where the problem lies. Ha! I'd compile a new version for you, but unfortunately I don't have VB6 on my work machine. I guess that answers a couple things though, so much for trying to be clever asking questions! Hehe.

Anyhow, the empty list you see would be a server selection window yes, it's part of the old 4.x system where you had a launcher and then that window would pop up letting you select a server. (You can skip it nowadays, but it comes back up when the connection fails)

PRAISE THE LORD!! got it working!!!

> Install the [runtimes](https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wujdcxqm303x8n/Run%20First%21%20%28Runtime%20Files%20-%20If%20Needed%29.exe?dl=0) and right click the EOServer.exe and run as admin.

^^^ this need to me made more known, this is what i was missing.

Thanks to everyone that has tried to aid me, much appreciated…now...How to work the software haha!!.

Thanks you guys.  :D

> Interesting, I just tried it myself with the version @[member="Seth"] supplied and it seems that **the server is not a runnable executable**, it simply crashes instantly with **a generic "has stopped working" error**. I'd say that's where the problem lies. Ha! I'd compile a new version for you, but unfortunately I don't have VB6 on my work machine. I guess that answers a couple things though, so much for trying to be clever asking questions! Hehe.
>
> Anyhow, the empty list you see would be a server selection window yes, it's part of the old 4.x system where you had a launcher and then that window would pop up letting you select a server. (You can skip it nowadays, but it comes back up when the connection fails)

Thank you joyce, got it working now :)

Haha, that's what you start out with. But if you hit Home (or Insert, not sure which?) you should get a menu full of editors (or you can type stuff like /mapeditor /editmap … it changes between versions) If that doesn't work you'll have to head into the server, right click your name in the playerlist and make yourself an admin, it changes real-time.

It's basically a game with a built in editor. :) Everything you change changes for all your players as soon as you hit that save button.