Find results in...

Dedicated server hosting

ryandoo

Dedicated server hosting

Details:
-2gb RAM
-Single core processer - Intel Pentium 2.40 GHz
-Windows XP OS
-Current internet speed [http://www.speedtest.net/result/1319651649.png](http://www.speedtest.net/result/1319651649.png)

Packages:
$5/mo shared hosting
$10/mo Single hosting - FTP access included

Message me with your email and requested package.

What OS are you running, Server 2008, XP, Vista ect.
What is your bandwidth like, thats one of the main aspects of hosting servers.
Is this a personal computer? Or a dedicated computer for running servers on?

Cheers,
Tipsta

@HL:

> What OS are you running, Server 2008, XP, Vista ect.
> What is your bandwidth like, thats one of the main aspects of hosting servers.
> Is this a personal computer? Or a dedicated computer for running servers on?
>
> Cheers,
> Tipsta

I just added more information. Its a server , not a modified computer.

• 2 weeks later...
@BabyJesus95:

> Which in all reality would be sort of a good thing? Not the fact that he'd be sucking your players away, but the fact that he admires your game so much to steal it and keep it running<3

A contract could be fetched up.

• 2 weeks later...
@Azure:

> This kind of thing would never hold up in court. Good luck with that.

Actually, Assuming he lives in the US. If he creates a contract and BOTH parties sign it and all that jazz. It can hold up in court and typically will, whether its professional contracts or not. Usually the person who sues from a broken contract wins. I've seen it happen many many times.

@Purgatory:

> Actually, Assuming he lives in the US. If he creates a contract and BOTH parties sign it and all that jazz. It can hold up in court and typically will, whether its professional contracts or not. Usually the person who sues from a broken contract wins. I've seen it happen many many times.

Best of luck with that. We live a few states away from each other, I'm a legal adult, and I know the right way to do a virtual contract, but you'd still never be able to sue me over this kind of crap. You have fun. If you actually have unique content in your game I'd look into copyrights and trademarks before trying to sue this guy for taking your work.

@Azure:

> Best of luck with that. We live a few states away from each other, I'm a legal adult, and I know the right way to do a virtual contract, but you'd still never be able to sue me over this kind of crap. You have fun. If you actually have unique content in your game I'd look into copyrights and trademarks before trying to sue this guy for taking your work.

And what makes you think I do not know law? I've been on probation sence I have been 12, I'm 19 now… Stupid mistakes can be a bitch yes? Anyways.... I'm a legal adult too, and if the content of the game is unique and you havn't stole. But then he steals you're game and breaks the contract you can sue him, with a good lawyer.

@frankpetrov:

> if you had more RAM and a better cpu such as an AMD x64 6core @ 3.30ghz processor… then I'd think about it. but unfortuantely, your server doesn't seem good enough for more than 2 or 3 game servers.

Good luck finding something like that for less than 50 bucks a month.

@frankpetrov:

> if you had more RAM and a better cpu such as an AMD x64 6core @ 3.30ghz processor… then I'd think about it. but unfortuantely, your server doesn't seem good enough for more than 2 or 3 game servers.

If you need more than 512 MiB RAM and a single-core 1.6GHz processor, then your software must be poorly designed (there are exceptions, however, but none of them to be found around this community). The majority of servers I've seen are around 500MHz (SPARC et al.) and the only two times I've ever required something like an Intel Xeon or an AMD Opteron was either because someone decided to write all the software in a scripting language like PHP, or to use VT-x/AMD-V (which is good for one server per core).

The only poor part of this server is the fact that Windows XP is being used, which isn't made for server hosting in general, but neither is EO's server a good example of good server software.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

• 2 weeks later...
@S.J.R.:

> If you need more than 512 MiB RAM and a single-core 1.6GHz processor, then your software must be poorly designed (there are exceptions, however, but none of them to be found around this community). The majority of servers I've seen are around 500MHz (SPARC et al.) and the only two times I've ever required something like an Intel Xeon or an AMD Opteron was either because someone decided to write all the software in a scripting language like PHP, or to use VT-x/AMD-V (which is good for one server per core).
>
> The only poor part of this server is the fact that Windows XP is being used, which isn't made for server hosting in general, but neither is EO's server a good example of good server software.
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

Thanks for clearing that up a bit.