Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rain on EO

Kemerd

How to get rain on EO!

1\. Add this source to your game. [Animations on maps][http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,70981.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,70981.0.html)
2\. Make a 448 x 352 paint file.
3\. Add a bunch of rain sprites, to make it look like it's raining on a blank canvas.
4\. Double the canvas width.
5\. Do the same with the blank space, copy and paste if you wish.
6\. Make the animation on EO.
7\. Put the rain animation on the Map and veola!

4\. Trible or Quaddrible depending on how many frames you want.

@Hamster:

> That is the most lazy-arse way to do it in the world. >_>'

If done right (eg. Not with an animation system) then a full-screen rain effect can look fantastic. That's what I'll be doing for Crystalshire.

The popular particle effect method never looks good.

Of course rain generally just looks bad without lighting effects added in as well. Walking around in full colour maps makes the rain lack contrast.

Either pre-render a palette swap on your ingame graphics or use a D3D7 hybrid to get that effect.

well, ya know, the point is, your supposed to make good tutorials.

although the idea is nice, your gonna stuff up everybodies source with stuff like this.

after lots of years, we finally have a engine without trash code in it, lets keep it this way :)

just learn some more, then release a good tutorial ^^

Dami

• 1 month later...
I thought it was very helpful. So please don't take it down, cause I haven't had time to mess with it yet. If it works there are all kinds of cool things I can do with that, and not just rain. You see a little programming is all you need, good artwork can take you the rest of the way.

@Shaunfroggydog:

> I thought it was very helpful. So please don't take it down, cause I haven't had time to mess with it yet. If it works there are all kinds of cool things I can do with that, and not just rain. **You see a little programming is all you need, good artwork can take you the rest of the way.**

Good artwork wont get you very far without a decent coder behind the whole project.
If anything good programming is all you need, a game can look like crap but still have great features.

I'd prefer to play a game that looks bad, with awesome features then one that looks wicked with nothing special in it.
A game should still have decent looking sprites and stuff though.