Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DrinkAge - RPG Drinking Card Game!

Dark Crusade

Yo guys! I've been a member on this forum for 10 years so I'm going to shamelessly show you something cool I've been working on!

![](http://s21.postimg.org/krzqtqcjb/facebook_cover.png)

Introducing DrinkAge, a roleplaying drinking card game! Choose a character and a quest location, and set out on a drunken adventure with friends! (or foes).

2-8 brave adventurers quest to find loot and slay monsters! However, instead of taking damage, you take drinks! All players aren't in this together, it's every man (or woman) for themselves!

Here is an example of one of the cards, a class card: The Gladiator!

![](http://s11.postimg.org/osb65e9mb/01_GLADIATOR2.jpg)

So to all you cool cats out there, check it out on my facebook page. Give me a like if you might be interested in getting your hands on it when it's finished! Also, there will be tons more updates and graphics to see on the facebook page:

[https://www.facebook.com/drinkage/](https://www.facebook.com/drinkage/)

I'm totally digging the artwork for this game, I gave your page a like, good luck! I'll watch this project. I'm curious as to what you mean by "drinking", elaborate on what you have in mind, right now its rather vague.

> Looks promising, would love to know more about the game though. Are you going to be handling production through The Game Crafter by chance?

I'll be announcing a lot more about it soon, including hopefully starting work on a website ASAP.

And yes, unless I find something better, The Game Crafter is currently my choice.

> Kreator, on 18 Mar 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:
>
> I'll be announcing a lot more about it soon, including hopefully starting work on a website ASAP.
>
> And yes, unless I find something better, The Game Crafter is currently my choice.

I think TGC is a perfectly good choice for starting. Best of luck, I'll definitely purchase a copy of this myself once I learn some more about it; the artwork is looking great!

Yes mate i remember playing that first game you created on eclipse with the rmxp tilesets but

your custom sprites (cant remember the name) also remember all of the work that went into World of Hyrule its good to see your still improving and practicising looks sick man i really like this idea! How would the FFA winner win though? Whats the objective?

> Yes mate i remember playing that first game you created on eclipse with the rmxp tilesets but
>
> your custom sprites (cant remember the name) also remember all of the work that went into World of Hyrule its good to see your still improving and practicising looks sick man i really like this idea! How would the FFA winner win though? Whats the objective?

Krusade Online! I found that on my old Hard Drive and gave it a spin just recently.

For DrinkAge, it's more of a party or predrink game. During my time at university drinking card games were popular, and as a game maker I often was kind of the 'entertainer' of the group. I'd always make fun card games and would run our D&D groups, and people always loved them and would ask me, why don't you create a commercial one? So that's exactly what I'm doing.

The game is more about having fun, then 'winning'. Each 'deck' will feature a quest location. For example, the first quest location will be called Tipsy Meadows. Lets assume me and 3 or 4 friends play Tipsy Meadows. We shuffle the deck, turn it upside down, and put the boss on the bottom. This is the 'quest'. During this quest we will find treasure, encounters and monsters. We all pick a class, and then take turns either drawing from the deck or we can also take extra actions such as attacking each other or using items.

Different classes also have different skills. The thief for example can steal any other players item card. Sounds overpowered and unbalanced in theory, but in play you can imagine alliances forming, and people wanting to get you for taking their item card! Lets pretend I steal a skill card from my friend, on the next turn you can imagine he will attack me or use another item card if he has one on me to get revenge.

Oh, and as you've probably gathered, unlike traditional RPGs, when you take damage, you drink. 1 damage = 1 mouthful or equivalent. If your an alcoholic like me you might decide to play a harder quest first before getting new weapons, or decide that 1 drink = 1 finger measurement, or something.

I've got a lot planned, and I'll be showing off a lot soon so definately give that facebook page a like for me!

Sounds so good mate! I was under the alias of masterchalk/crazysmurf/ I was the guy that wanted to carry on Krusade Online! haha I loved that game! It'd be cool to catch up man love to see more about this and get ur advice on a project im working on etc if you want PM me. Sounds like you got it sorted mate sounds great fun !

In DrinkAge, there are a total of 7 card types:

**Classes**: At the start of the game, each player can either take turns choosing a card, or randomly choose from a shuffled deck. Their chosen class card is their character they play as in DrinkAge.

**Monsters**: In each quest location, players will encounter monsters which they will battle. Players will fight them using their class card's attack, and can also use equipped weapons or even skills or spells.

**Bosses**: At the bottom of the quest location deck is the boss. Players take turns fighting it together, until it is defeated.

**Events**: Players may also stumble across various encounters which they might have to make decisions in, or roll the dice or flip a coin.

**Weapons**: Players can find and equip different weapons to improve their class card's basic attack.

**Skills**: Skills are single-use special attacks which modify a class's basic attack with enhancements or special attacks.

**Spells**: Spells are single-use abilities which often perform high damage or unique effects not related to your class card's basic attack.

All new card graphics are available to preview on the facebook page so check it out now or I'll burn your house down!

[https://www.facebook.com/drinkage](https://www.facebook.com/drinkage)

![](http://s29.postimg.org/uy4rp08dj/10_the_scoutlow.jpg)

Looks so good the card artwork is awesome! My only question is with these 7 card types where are they goin? I assume the classes get picked then put away and thescenario cards are on the table but do players start with spells? Im just worried 7 decks on a table could get too much

Also ps the character portraits are so good, both aesthetically but also technically drawn wel. Itd be cool if each class had some sort of drink in their belt etc might add comedic value but artwork really reminds me of flicking through a D&D manual

> Also ps the character portraits are so good, both aesthetically but also technically drawn wel. Itd be cool if each class had some sort of drink in their belt etc might add comedic value but artwork really reminds me of flicking through a D&D manual

Yeah that was something I was reflecting back on, I kinda thought I should have taken a more comical approach to the game, + that would have made it appeal to other people who don't really play fantasy games as well.

Hey Kreator! I'm so happy to see you still around!

Your game looks great! I hope it all works out for you.

Check out munchkin for ideas as Strafe said. it has some funny items, equipment, and armor. It's based on rpg, but is pretty funny.

You're a clever guy and I'm sure you'll be able to make this into a great game! Keep up the good work!