Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Setting Up Your Server for the Outside World.

Synthor

I have seen a lot of posts, both old and somewhat new, about making your server visible to the outside world. Below is a tutorial on how to set it up.

1.) Ensure server is running (I know this seems silly, but I want to cover all the bases)

2.) Click the windows button, and open a command prompt by searching for cmd.

3.) Type in ipconfig, it will spit out a bunch of numbers, you are looking for your IPv4 Address under your Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection, usually something along the lines of 192.168.0.10, 10.0.0.10 dependent on your router and your ISP. Write down what it is.

4.) Go to your client and create a *NEW* connection using the IP address you just wrote down. Delete any other copies of you have of your server that are already there.

5.) Test connection the connection, can you connect to the game? If it works then you are good so far, if it doesn't message me and let me know, you might have gotten the wrong IPv4 Address and I can walk you through getting the right one.

6.) Now that you know you have a good internal network IP address lets get something to direct people to your server. I suggest No-IP, its what I use. This will set up a DSN router to your external IP address for you. It is free, you just have to login to your account every 30 days. It will give you a web address like yourservername.ddns.net, this is what you will distribute.

7.) Go into your router, set up port forwarding for 7001 (default for EO4 and EW) to the same local IP address you used earlier (the one from step 2). If you can not get into your router, contact your ISP, they may have to do it for you.

8.) Go into you Server List, delete all copies of your connection to your server (Do this for troubleshooting later on to make sure you don't try to use the wrong one)

9.) Create a new server with your no-ip address, should be something like yourservername.ddns.net and the port 7001.

10.) Login and enjoy. If this doesn't work let me know in a PM and I can go into more detail about your specific hardware.

• 1 month later...