Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Small Network for friends (Without portforwarding!)

Runner

**Introduction**
–--------------------

I mainly made this since I didn't find any tutorials on it. This setup could be really helpful for the following:

**1)** Your ports are blocked by your ISP
**2)** The tutorial on port forwarding didn't help you
**3)** Just a network for friends

**Hamachi should only be used as a last resort** Since it's tedious for players to connect to
the private network and as well is limited to how many players it can carry.

**The Setup**
–----------------

**1)** Download LogMeIn Hamachi
http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/

**2)** Networks Tab -> Create a network
    Choose ID & Pass if needed.

**3)** You will get a Private IP next to the power button copy it and put it in Client/Data Files/config.ini
    right after IP= for example my Hamachi IP is 5.146.43.201

**4)** For someone to now join your game, they must as well have Hamachi and must join your network by hitting Network Tab -> Join an existing network.

Simple and easy setup for those whom are using non-dedicated servers, or having problems with their ISP.

I hope I helped.

Sincerely,

Runner

I didn't see any hamachi tuts in the tutorial section or anything pinned for it. This is vital for people who are having problems with port forwarding like I do, since my ISP disabled me the power to open ports from my router any more. I just made this to contribute to the community and my love for this engine

<3,

Runner

10 - 30 people on Hamachi won't give you lag problems if you have at least a decent machine, and I'm not talking about a 200-400$ scrap box either. This was meant for an another alternative for those who can't portforward. So whether it's helpful to you or not is irrelevant, as long as it provides an alternative for those who cannot port forward.

Sincerely,

Runner

Why are all of you criticizing this tutorial when Runner obviously made it to help people? Even if Hamachi may not work as well at-least he gave others another option? Yet you spit in his face like you do Robin who actually created the game.

If you don't like it make your own tutorial based off of this one explaining how Hamachi may not be the best choice. This is a grown-up environment people. Don't degrade it based on your childish actions.

Childish actions are such moves like posting on threads you know nothing about.

A.) Hamachi is third-party software. People don't want to be downloading all-sorts to play your game
B.) It slows your game down and cannot connect many people
C.) It's nigh on impossible to remove from your computer once you've installed it

The fact that you're supporting it's use without even knowing the first thing about it astounds me.
Hamachi is perfectly fine for developing a game with one or two other people before you portforward, but seriously is unusable for a successful game. I'm not degrading him or spitting on him, simply pointing out that portforwarding or using a port tunneler are two of the very few options that work successfully.