Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Kusy

![](http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/themes/swtor/en/assets/home_logo.png)

Play Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ and be the
hero of your own Star Warsâ„¢ saga in a story-driven
massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts.
Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between
the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.
… bla bla bla yada yada

I payed for a preorder pack for the Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ COLLECTOR'S EDITION… so it's all there, in black and white, clear as crystal... I payed heaploasd of money for early access to the game, a mount, anal probe flying around my character's head, holo stripper, access to a pawnshop and >>[many many more things](http://www.extravaganzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-1.jpg)<< I will regret my entire life that I payed so much for.

Wooohooo! Who's gonna play it with me?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already pre-ordered and ready to go, Ive been waiting 4 years for this…  I played SWG for 5 yrs, decided to quit a couple months ago when they pulled the pin. Closed Beta for this game has been the most fun you can have with your pants on, and trust me from what I got to play it's well worth the wait.

I have heard release date for CE pre-orders will be oct 14th but dont quote me on that.

@Kusy:

> I think I'll start on some RP sever if those do show up. It's not like I'm a RP nerd… it's just that RP nerds are the least annoing people to play with on a server.

This is true, but what happens when you turn on your trolling skills? The troll is strong with this one.

I don't troll in games… unless you consider trying to get frags only by riding people over with a quad in BattleField:BC2... you'd be surprised how effective it is. Baseraping and spawnkilling is effective as well.

No, seriously, I don't troll people in games. Never trolled in Ragnarok, never trolled in WoW... it's a forum thingy.

@renzo:

> *I put on my jedi hat and robe*
>
> I'm looking forward to the game, for once it'll be an MMO with a setting I'm actually interested in.

I'm the exact opposite, the Star Wars world doesn't really intrigue me but the game looks pretty sweet and I'm looking forward to playing.

@Anna:

> Bioware's Old Republic blows. It took the wierd organic-mystical atmosphere of the old comics and turned it into generic prequel looking crap.

*Gasp!*
I loved the Old Republic games. I personally thought they were the best starwars games to date. I'm looking forward to playing The Old Republic because from what I have seen this isn't just going to be an amazing starwars game but it seems like it will raise the bar for MMO's in general. It's about time someone else was on top. WoW has had the position for far to long with too little to offer.

@Zetasis:

> *Gasp!*
> I loved the Old Republic games. I personally thought they were the best starwars games to date. I'm looking forward to playing The Old Republic because from what I have seen this isn't just going to be an amazing starwars game but it seems like it will raise the bar for MMO's in general. It's about time someone else was on top. WoW has had the position for far to long with too little to offer.

No offense to Bioware, God knows I love them, but I don't think The Old Republic or any new MMO are going to be taking WOW's seat for a long time.  WOW has just been too long on the scene for any new MMO to just show up and take it's place.  If Bioware can keep this going though, work out all the kinks, it could have a chance.  But knowing EA it isn't going to get that chance.

@renzo:

> No offense to Bioware, God knows I love them, but I don't think The Old Republic or any new MMO are going to be taking WOW's seat for a long time.  WOW has just been too long on the scene for any new MMO to just show up and take it's place.  If Bioware can keep this going though, work out all the kinks, it could have a chance.  But knowing **EA** it isn't going to get that chance.

Kill it with fire!

It's either take WoW's seat or fail for The Old Republic. There is no space in the market for two full budget, full blown subcription based MMOs right now. It was proven by LOTRO, Warhammer, DDO and other games that couldn't hold up their payment plan and went F2P.

Also, I don't like EA being used as the Big Bad Wolf. First of all in this case EA is not even the one having the last word, not the entire last word at least. Remember the project is funded by two big, rich motherfuckers and while EA might be pulling the strings at development, LucasArts owns the whole project by owning the IP.

It's eighter break WoW or fail at what EA and LucasArts is trying to achieve. In that case EA might want to fall back from the project… but they can't do it without consulting it LA... and looking at SWG example they don't have a habit of easily dumping MMOs... that game is still P2P with about 3000 regular subscribers.

Take into account that it's 1) developed by the most fanboy-beloved comany and 2) it's in the most beloved pop culture IP in the world. Right now there are 234403 preordered copies of TOR preordered in USA acording to VGCharts, while USA is only 1 of 22 countries that have it avalible for preorder. It's not a matter of returning initial costs because TOR probobly can do that in the first year feeding off SW nerds alone.

That's true, I suppose I shouldn't completely rag on EA.  I just really despise their marketing department, they come up with the most bullshit ploys..
But you're right about the fans, it does have a shot at taking down WoW so long as they get the time to steamroll the glitches out plus a lot of the old SWG players are probably going join.
Looking forward to what they have to offer. :)

@renzo:

> That's true, I suppose I shouldn't completely rag on EA.  I just really despise their marketing department, they come up with the most bullshit ploys..
> But you're right about the fans, it does have a shot at taking down WoW so long as they get the time to steamroll the glitches out plus a lot of the old SWG players are probably going join.
> Looking forward to what they have to offer. :)

I'll agree there. EA has a horrid history of marketing practices. Honestly their marketing compleatly destroyed my interest in Dragon Age and Mass Effect series. Thankfully they don't seem to be doing the same with TOR and that kind of leads me to a conclusion that it's not only EA's fault but BioWare studio at Edmonton being full of idiots. Same with development, it seems all good BioWare developers were dispatched to Texas to work on TOR while only the shittiest ones are working on next installments of their original IPs.

@Kusy:

> I'll agree there. EA has a horrid history of marketing practices. Honestly their marketing compleatly destroyed my interest in Dragon Age and Mass Effect series. Thankfully they don't seem to be doing the same with TOR and that kind of leads me to a conclusion that it's not only EA's fault but BioWare studio at Edmonton being full of idiots. Same with development, it seems all good BioWare developers were dispatched to Texas to work on TOR while only the shittiest ones are working on next installments of their original IPs.

I didn't mean my post so literally. I just don't care for EA after seeing so many bad games from them. I'm not too fond of LA either, as he's milking the same old horse. On the other hand I love star wars and always have. So I've been eagerly keeping an eye on TOR since info first started leaking. I'm not sure if it can take down WoW though, but I'd honestly like to see it happen.

There's only one game I would be more excited than about this would be Star Wars: Battlefront 3.
And I myself like what LucasArts are doing. I like almoast everything SW related, I would never want them to stop milking that franchise… SHUT THE DUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY LUCAS!

@Kusy:

> There's only one game I would be more excited than about this would be Star Wars: Battlefront 3.
> And I myself like what LucasArts are doing. I like almoast everything SW related, I would never want them to stop milking that franchise… SHUT THE DUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY LUCAS!

I give him that. He's managed to keep the franchise running for longer than nearly every other multimedia franchise in history. If TOR is good I may shell out for it for a while.