Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now that I can program…..

lel

It's got to the point where when I program, when I run into an annoying bug…. I can't stop working on it, I HAVE TO FIX IT!

I've really started to dive head in to programming...... and I have to say.....

Holy cow all you programmers out there are really under appreciated. Really want to say sorry to Robin.

I can understand how come you would want to move on to better and bigger things now. 

Dax... was making his own OS.... omg I really had no idea how cool that was or what it meant until now.

Wow.... now I have to admit I really miss when this place was filled with all kinds of programmers trying to promote the idea of making bigger and better changes. .  

So shout out to all you programmers!

Its still impressive. Especially from the viewpoint or skill level that I stand at.  

I can make you a calculator on command prompt which is a little like saying " I can draw you a mean stick figure."

> Its still impressive. Especially from the viewpoint or skill level that I stand at.  
>
> I can make you a calculator on command prompt which is a little like saying " I can draw you a mean stick figure."

The great thing about programming is, the more you learn, the more knowledge you have to expand upon. The learning curve is like an exponential function. Keep at it, and your limit is infinity.

> Thanks a lot for the encouragement!

Thanks. I try. I'm pretty much done with the "I can draw a mean stick figure" and having toyed around with dos. I'm so done with dos. Now I'm pretty much at the "mean stick figure" stage in vb6\. When you switch languages it ends up happening all over again.

My friend, you have only scratched the surface. Sometimes, you will get into a concept and you just want to work on the concept more than the actual project. The first time I learned a graphics library, I just did whatever I could because I liked rendering it. When I first got into object orientation, I would organize my code more than I even wrote programs.

Nothing feels better than spending hours and finding that accidental missed quotation marks or something and finally being relieved.

There is not another better than working with code when you've learned to organize it and your project is well mannered. Ask half of eclipse that's seen my streams, my code is more organized then my bedroom… or anything else in my life for that matter. I suck at organization in real life, but when it comes to coding I get pissed when it's not clean. And I'm all edgy when people see my code and it's not in perfect shape.

> My friend, you have only scratched the surface. Sometimes, you will get into a concept and you just want to work on the concept more than the actual project. The first time I learned a graphics library, I just did whatever I could because I liked rendering it. When I first got into object orientation, I would organize my code more than I even wrote programs.
>
> Nothing feels better than spending hours and finding that accidental missed quotation marks or something and finally being relieved.
>
> There is not another better than working with code when you've learned to organize it and your project is well mannered. Ask half of eclipse that's seen my streams, my code is more organized then my bedroom… or anything else in my life for that matter. I suck at organization in real life, but when it comes to coding I get pissed when it's not clean. And I'm all edgy when people see my code and it's not in perfect shape.

Considering I cleaned up your networking class, I'm scared to see your room <3

IFX is right though, each language is different, once you learn a few basic languages, pick a language you want to learn and have a use for, then learn it. There aren't classes to learn every language so you sometimes have to just learn by doing, but learning a language you have no use for and don't want to learn is pointless.

And for the record, I love DOS lol

Yeah every time I learn something new I go back to my old projects and try to clean up my work that was already graded.

I'm doing good in the class now. I am two weeks a head of the class schedule and all A's.