Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minecraft Creeper Car - Make it Real

Dark Crusade

@Jungle:

> Are there any updates about this? Did you win anything?

On the 2nd of september they check the voting placements. If the judge loves #1 they will make it. Doubt that will happen, but if Im lucky I'll receive one of those five prizes. Then again 4chan probably used mailbombs and shit so if they trace that I'll get nothing. :P

@Jungle:

> Lets just hope that the judge has played Minecraft before. Lets see… There are 3 million people with Minecraft and 7 billion people on earth, sooo...
>
>         3
>   __________      =  Chance of winning
>       7,000

You need to subtract people without computers; the contest creator obviously has a computer.

@Frostyy:

> You need to subtract people without computers; the contest creator obviously has a computer.

78% access to computers in Australia

21,874,900 = population of Australia
17,062,422 = Australians with comps
7,000,000,000 = population of World
3,000,000,000 = people w/ Minecraft

3,000,000 with MC

7,000,000,000 population

3                            x
____________ = _____________

7000                  21,874,900

7,000x = 65,624,700

9375                        # of people with Minecraft in Australia
______________ = _________________________________________ = Percentage of WIN!

17,062,422                # of people with Computers in Australia

**HAPPY NOW?**

> 3,000,000,000 = people w/ Minecraft

True story.

Also, your argument is flawed because although the judge is in Australia, 3 million people in Australia did not buy Minecraft.

A better assumption is:

Amount of People In Australia who Own Minecraft + Amount of People Pirating Minecraft

Amount of People in Australia

When in business, the judge is more likely to chose a design that will promote the car, rather than something that appeals to a small group of people.

@Soul:

> True story.
>
> Also, your argument is flawed because although the judge is in Australia, 3 million people in Australia did not buy Minecraft.

I added that to the equation. That little cross-multiplying tidbit was trying to get the ratio between people in the world that bought Minecraft equal to the people in Australia who bought Minecraft, which is 9375\. Of course that isn't nearly accurate because I'm assuming that the world's ratio of Minecraft buyers is equal to Australia's.  Also, as you mentioned, I probably should have just used the amount of Minecraft registered users since that's the closest stat we have at the moment to the amount of people who have played Minecraft. Not only just pirates, but also friends could be added to that stat, so the list is endless and therefor impossible to calculate because no surveys or records exist regarding those specific stats.

@Soul:

> When in business, the judge is more likely to chose a design that will promote the car, rather than something that appeals to a small group of people.

Yeah, I know. This was just meant for visual/fun purposes only.