Veridian: The First Age

dxxknight

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to post an update to let you guys know Veridian is far from dead. I've still been working on it as much as I can and currently I've been working on populating _Norn Faldir_ with quests and other npcs and events, soon we will have the first chapter of Veridian released!

That leads into my next topic. I've decided to release Veridian in parts, This means I'll have a small part of the game released upon release day but I'll be updating it quite frequently with more story and such, my thinking was every 2 weeks. This will give me one week for developing then 3-4 days for members to test everything and 2-3 days to fix all the bugs and get it ready for release.

**Why I like this Idea:**

>! This will allow fresh content to be constantly released to keep the game from getting stale and give you something to look forward too. Plus I've been planning ideas around this idea so it will flow really nice with the story telling.

**Membership:**

>! Along with planing the constant release Idea I've come up with a way of how to handle memberships. I never want Veridian to be a pay to win game because I've never liked those types of games myself. However Veridian does need to make some sort of income if it is to get better right? I've come up with the idea that membership will be more like paying to be a beta tester. Members will be the ones to test new content before it's released to the public and report bugs and they can talk to me or any of the other developers personally about any ideas they might have.

**Preview:**

>! ![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/King.png)

**_Let me know what you guys think of these ideas and anything else I'd love to get some feedback!_**

@'Yuko':

> I just paid $80 to beta test the new GW2 expansion. I think he should be able to freely make that decision :P

Well no you didn't just pay to just test it, you pre ordered an expansion pack that will cost money in future that is  and with all do respect this is not guild wars 2\. Just paying to test free future content that is a difference. 

Games don't need memberships look at Path of Exile not pay to win at all and does really well as free to play.

@'Yuko':

> I just paid $80 to beta test the new GW2 expansion. I think he should be able to freely make that decision :P

I agree with you Yuko if he feels like he wants do this then let him! But I also agree with James.
@'James':

> @'Yuko':
>
> > I just paid $80 to beta test the new GW2 expansion. I think he should be able to freely make that decision :P
>
> Well no you didn't just pay to just test it, you pre ordered an expansion pack that will cost money in future that is  and with all do respect this is not guild wars 2\. Just paying to test free future content that is a difference.

Why pay to TEST free content?

Are you all blind? He has a pay to be a member, and members get to test content, they stay members, and if I had money and more of an interest, I'd uy a membership, I get to test it, get rare loot before other players (higher selling prices then), and get to stay a member when it opens to everyone, so I keep the benefits.

@'Baron:

> Are you all blind? He has a pay to be a member, and members get to test content, they stay members, and if I had money and more of an interest, I'd uy a membership, I get to test it, get rare loot before other players (higher selling prices then), and get to stay a member when it opens to everyone, so I keep the benefits.

Oh I didn't know I'd get beter loot and such. Well then in that case it seems like a good deal but why pay to test content when everyone will get to play it eventually for free?

@'GalacticGlum':

> @'Baron:
>
> > Are you all blind? I get to test it, get rare loot before other players (higher selling prices then), and get to stay a member when it opens to everyone
>
> why pay to test content when everyone will get to play it eventually for free?

Answered above.

People seem to forget, Time and money goes into a game. Take my DoL for example, As soon as people saw the premium they started claiming pay to win without even knowing what it was. If I want to have premium.. I will and same for this guy. Not everything is free in life. Don't like it? Don't buy it! You might say, well, it's made with "just Eclipse" well people who use the next step might judge. c#/c++ might look down on vb6 as we have seen many times on here, but people who use Unity might look down on "c#/c++ users, but people who use something more expensive/better than unity would think Unity sucks and worthless the same as people think about Eclipse. So where ever you are in the chain, there's always someone who's going to think the base engine/coding language etc sucks and is not worth anything.

@'BeNjO':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
> > @'Baron:
> >
> > > Are you all blind? I get to test it, get rare loot before other players (higher selling prices then), and get to stay a member when it opens to everyone
> >
> > why pay to test content when everyone will get to play it eventually for free?
>
> Answered above.
>
> People seem to forget, Time and money goes into a game. Take my DoL for example, As soon as people saw the premium they started claiming pay to win without even knowing what it was. If I want to have premium.. I will and same for this guy. Not everything is free in life. Don't like it? Don't buy it! You might say, well, it's made with "just Eclipse" well people who use the next step might judge. c#/c++ might look down on vb6 as we have seen many times on here, but people who use Unity might look down on "c#/c++ users, but people who use something more expensive/better than unity would think Unity sucks and worthless the same as people think about Eclipse. So where ever you are in the chain, there's always someone who's going to think the base engine/coding language etc sucks and is not worth anything.

I don't think no work goes into this. In fact I think immense amounts of work is going into making this game and with everything the membership includes (which I didn't know it did) I take my statement back.

• 2 weeks later...
@Baron Mohenjo Daro
You are absolutely correct. Members will get the first dibs on all new items before released to everyone else so you could use that to your advantage and sell these items for high prices and there will be some other benefits as well.

@BeNjO
Exactly I won't force anyone to pay at all. You don't even need to buy anything to play the game and there won't be any limits being a free player minus you'll have to wait a little longer for content updates but you will still have access to them when released. This is just for people who'd like to help support the game and help pay for server and web hosting.

![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/logo2.png)
Dev Update 9/2/15

Time for the Dev update!

Currently I'm still working on a few things like revamping some maps and finishing other maps. I've been making really good progress though at least I hope. Next step is filling in with NPCs and Quests and then Beta testing will be ready! I really hope you guys will like what I've been doing with Veridian as I've been putting a lot of work and effort to make it the best I can.

Screenshot of the day:

>! ![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/blacksmith2.png)

@Agoraphobic
 Thanks alot! I've actually been getting alot done just between yesterday and today so I'm really happy about the progress so far. I can't wait for you guys to finally be able to play Veridian with all the work and time put into it.

I'm just going to leave this here:

![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/sets.png)

These are the basic sets they will be good to start with but your going to want better as the you get farther. All these sets will be able to be crafted at any Blacksmith as long as you have to required materials.

• 4 weeks later...
![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/logo2.png)
Dev Log 10/1/15

**Sailing:**

>! ![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/sailing.png)
That's right sailing is officially confirmed and already added into Veridian! This will open a lot of doors in exploration and possibilities. Upon release sailing will be for members only because it is currently under testing still. Members will be able use sailing to enter new areas as well such as the sunken city of Akrias.
>! **World Map:**
>! >! ![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/Map.png) 
This is still a work in progress with lots more to add once we get that far in the lore. It gives you a general idea of the layout of Veridian though.