Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random Question About an Aspect of Game Design

Grizzy

So as I am creating this design docket for my coder, one thing I am striving for is uniqueness in my classes. Some things I've noticed are very similar to LOZ… Small example would be the warrior has a rage spell where if someone is casting a spell at them they can swing in defense and send a spell back at the casting mage... Which is something that can be done in many Legend of Zelda games.. 

So my question is do you think small things like that, if I make them unique enough to be my own, is something I should worry about with copyright issues and such? Just curious on some other people's opinions.

yes there is copyright problem.

also you need to avoid using the following in your game as they have been used in other game

2. health potion
3. health points
4. magic points
5. experience points
6. points
7. swinging sword hurts monstor

Im going to be using magic in my game so dont use it in yours or il copyright you

> trololol -snip-

Lmao, those are generalized things. Thats like saying you can't have a cat in your game because a cat exists in other games. Not true, they care about copyright when its something significant, such as Pokemon Cyrus Online which was literally the Pokemon series with his own twist of mapping, and online, where he literally took someone elses entire idea and made it online. Thats copyright. Taking bits and pieces from what you've experienced in games is not copyright. Many game developers often use ideas from other games to stem and branch off into their own, better, and more resourceful ideas.

> Lmao, those are generalized things. Thats like saying you can't have a cat in your game because a cat exists in other games. Not true, they care about copyright when its something significant, such as Pokemon Cyrus Online which was literally the Pokemon series with his own twist of mapping, and online, where he literally took someone elses entire idea and made it online. Thats copyright. Taking bits and pieces from what you've experienced in games is not copyright. Many game developers often use ideas from other games to stem and branch off into their own, better, and more resourceful ideas.

He's joking.

> He's joking.

I know this, hence the trololol -snip-, however I didn't want Grizzy thinking he was actually serious..lol