Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Transferring game to new version(Origins)

Mert

I am transferring my game to Origins, i found some tilesets and character sprites. But in game editor, these sprites aren't visible, i can't see them. Still my game has got 3 character sprites and 2 map tilesets. Where is the problem?

The BMP-format is a lossless format, i.e. unless the programme you are using was developed by an idiot, it will not make the image lose any quality during the process of saving the image to the hard disk in the BMP-format. The same is true for the PNG-format and the TGA-format. Most programmes will deploy a slimmed down palette for the GIF-format. The JPEG-format is a lossy format, which is why there is a noticeable loss of quality.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

Tilesets whom background colors aren't pink aren't compatible. Look down, i downloaded a tile, i converted it to bmp.

![](http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8545/bugyr.jpg)

So I need pink backgrounded maptiles but i cant found anywhere

@Mert:

> I read all of article, i tried everything but i don't understand what must i do -.- Can someone write me to do list step by step, i know you say me "what a noob" :|

Section 1.

@Robin:

> Without exception the masking colour is taken from the image. Pixel 0, 0 to be example. The most top left one. This pixel needs to be the colour of the parts of your images which are meant to be transparent or everything will be walking around with a magenta background.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasdfgghgjkkkkkkkkklÅŸlkÅŸÅŸi

Nevermind, i found some bmp maptiles problemless. But i have some new questions

http://milesis.free.fr/IWC/Ressources/Sprites/MegaSprites.png

Cant I use this sheet in Origin?

@Robin:

> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/1291853293808.jpg)

Thank you Robin, this reply made my day.

As for the problems here, come on man.
Using Microsoft Paint isn't rocket science. Just because I'm in the mood, I'm going to break down one of your simplest problems for you.

Go to your image that has the transparency problems. Right click it. Choose open with. Select Paint. When the application opens Click the paint dropper. Next click the background color. Click the button that looks like a pencil. Move your pointer over the top left pixel and click, if you don't know what the top left pixel is, its that spot up in the corner that is obviously a different color than the background. Go up to the top left of the program. Click the box labeled FILE. Click the drop down menu where it says SAVE. Give it a name, make sure its in numerical order according to the graphics you already have. Next go to browse. Navigate to where the folder labeled CLIENT is. Proceed to DATA FILES. From there you want GRAPHICS. Find the folder that your particular image goes in. Click SAVE in the lower right.

If you need more detailed instructions, I'll be in my office.