Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[SLOVED]EclipseOrigins on Windows 7

Anonymious

Hello all

I had a problem with my laptop so I bought a new PC with windows 7 on it.
But now when I try to run EO, it don't.
I think the problem is because I don't have directx 7…
I searched a lot on internet for directx 7 for windows 7 but I couldn't find.
I hop someone can help me.

No. I've been using Win7 64-bit since the RC days. Origins was developed solely on that operating system.

I honestly can't think of why your computer doesn't want to register the runtimes properly.

Either you're using an invasive AV or you've got UAC on full pelt. Or you're not an administrator.

@Robin:

> No. I've been using Win7 64-bit since the RC days. Origins was developed solely on that operating system.
>
> I honestly can't think of why your computer doesn't want to register the runtimes properly.
>
> Either you're using an invasive AV or you've got UAC on full pelt. Or you're not an administrator.

I am just using microsoft security essentials, I just found out after trying with a blank EO client and server, that I get a new message:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't creat object

I know what error message you're getting and I know why. You don't have the runtimes (specifically the dx7 library) registered.

I'm trying to help you work out why it's not working on your computer. The most common issue is an overzealous security system.

Manually registering 'dx7vb.dll' will do the trick. Should be in your System32 folder.

@Robin:

> I know what error message you're getting and I know why. You don't have the runtimes (specifically the dx7 library) registered.
>
> I'm trying to help you work out why it's not working on your computer. The most common issue is an overzealous security system.
>
> Manually registering 'dx7vb.dll' will do the trick. Should be in your System32 folder.

I manually registered "dx7vb.dll" and now it works, thank you very much.
And I just found out I installed a old version of the runtime files, it's not the same as the actual one.
I think it would work too if I downloaded the actaul runtime files and installed them.

I run security essentials with all firewalls and such enabled, and haven't encountered any problems like this.

I mean, I know its resolved. Just helping you scratch it off the list if you might still be looking for whats being so uptight about security.