Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB6

Chukillz

There is a whole mess of things needed for it.
For starters simple things like a players max health and magic points.
Where a player spawns for the first time.
Quests, Pets, and I don't even know how you'd get auto tiles in here.
Letting an enemy use a spell!  Quite a few things I honestly never thought of doing.
I look at all this and almost lose myself in it.

The source code is the blueprints for the game.

You use VB6 to edit the blueprints. Without changing the blueprints you can't drastically (or even mildly in some cases) affect the finished game.

If you don't change the blueprints then you've just got a carbon copy of everyone else's game leading to stagnation and saturation.

The best games keep the core systems but change everything else. Originality is rare in this world and people flock to it like moths to a light.

hey can you help me please i am trying to edit things in vb6 i want to edit the login/register/credits page how would i go about doing that? i tried editing the frmMenu.frm in vb6 but it isnt showing on the clients end!! am i doing something wrong?

Also it makes a new file up in the client folder….i will give a screen shot of that as well...

here are a few screen shots

i am getting this compile error

*edit*

sorry i forgot to discribe exactly what i did to get this error… i opened the new file that vb6 created and then i hit the compile.... that is how i got the first error (please see Compile error.png)

i then opened just the one place that i edited... which was frmMenu.frm and then i hit compile to get the second error (please see Compile error1.png)

well i will be 100% honest…that was the first thing i did when i installed it...reading the Installing VB6...i knew if i didnt then someone would say you did it wrong...i did every single step it told me to do...but i will re read it and reinstall the thing once again...

Thanks for replying :)
Chukillz DaKlown

@Chukillz:

> well i will be 100% honest…that was the first thing i did when i installed it...reading the Installing VB6...i knew if i didnt then someone would say you did it wrong...i did every single step it told me to do...but i will re read it and reinstall the thing once again...
>
> Thanks for replying :)
> Chukillz DaKlown

You don't have to reinstall all of VB6, you just need to get a fresh copy of the source.

@robin i will have to go back and read it again i must have missed the part about where it said to re download the source

@everyone when i go in to the page to change the menu it only shows one of the registration page (please see the image) i have looked through all of the source for the other pages of the menu but i didnt see any…could you please help by pointing out where the pages would be for? (as in the login and the first register page)

@Anonymious:

> September 04, 2011, 06:28:05 AM, you even didn't know what vb6 is, and what it does.
> September 04, 2011, 11:03:46 PM, you know what a source code is.
>
> That's a fast progress, very good.
> I needed a week untill I knew what a source code is.

Thankfully most people know how to Google a basic term.