Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beginners Pixel art tutorial 1

MrKris

This is a basic pixel art tutorial for people who are just starting to learn. I am going to teach you to make a basic sword, just follow the steps and you will be able to figure it out in no time.

![](http://i.imgur.com/6nAhw.png)
![](http://i.imgur.com/foxJx.png)

You can also modify the sizes and shapes of the blade, you can do so much off of this basic design it's not even funny. The handle could be a bit thinner but like I said, it's a basic design to help you get the feel of what a pixel sword should look like close up.

Have you put me to shame lol Anyway, this is a more basic sword for starting pixel artists. It's a completely different style then yours. Not saying that your tutorial is bad, because it's clearly not. I'm just saying it's a different style and yours is a little more advanced.

@Kreator:

> I think instead of writing tutorials you should follow some.
>
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,54337.0.html

I agree…  No point in teaching someone technique that shouldn't be used.  I'd suggest learning more before you teach.

@Frostyy:

> I agree…  No point in teaching someone technique that shouldn't be used.  I'd suggest learning more before you teach.

Okay, so your saying I can't try and help people learn pixel art because I'm not a pro or something? What technique are you talking about exactly, this tutorial is for people who have never tried pixel art to be serious, I know what I'm doing and I don't need to learn. Art never has to be perfect, ;)

@Kris:

> this tutorial is for people who have never tried pixel art to be serious, I know what I'm doing and I don't need to learn. Art never has to be perfect, ;)

Your tutorial would give amateurs the wrong foot in. There's numerous problems, both aesthetic and technical with your tutorial and pixel art. You don't know what your doing, and if you want to improve as a pixel artist, you do need to learn. Your ignorant.

@Kreator:

> Your tutorial would give amateurs the wrong foot in. There's numerous problems, both aesthetic and technical with your tutorial and pixel art. You don't know what your doing, and if you want to improve as a pixel artist, you do need to learn. Your ignorant.

I'm not ignorant, I just have my own way of doing things, like I said art does not have to be perfect and everyone has a different view on things. No need to go in calling names though, that was just uncalled for.

• 1 month later...
I feel bad to agree that you are ignorant, but it is undeniable. There is a method for pixel art, and that is placed before your, quote on quote, "Way of doing things".

Of course, I'm not saying you can't have your own way of doing things, but there are major steps that need to be taken in order for pixel art to be appealing beforehand.

Edit: Apologies for not looking at the date. I am not used to threads on the first page being outdated.