Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a couple of CTDs. No where near as bad as Oblivion was, though.

I'm also predicting much more compatibility later on. As they actually took the more popular modded features from Oblivion and added them to the actual game, people won't need to have anywhere near as many mods running at once thus minimising data conflicts which cause CTDs.

Skyrim is out, by Razor, He has the crack and everything. Just download it. Mount it. Run a custom install, not the steam one. It installs it. (Though at the end it'll give you an error. It means nothing.) Then just put the crack. I'm playing Skyrim right now!

I love how almost everything is interactive. (Lootable) And when you loot a body. The clothes comes off. Or weapon. Cool.

@Dremek:

> I love how almost everything is interactive. (Lootable) And when you loot a body. The clothes comes off. Or weapon. Cool.

It's lovely to see that you're still impressed by features which were used in Morrowind over 10 years ago.

@Kamii:

> Robin: If i remember correcly, you run a HD 5770 right? What are your graphic settings?

Ultra with AA and texture filtering both at 2x. I also set shadows to the highest setting. Keep in mind the game is limited by your CPU, not your GPU.

@Robin:

> It's lovely to see that you're still impressed by features which were used in Morrowind over 10 years ago.

What can I say, sometimes its not a ground breaking new feature that makes a game, but a solid combination of all the little niceties one has seen before.

@Baron:

> What can I say, sometimes its not a ground breaking new feature that makes a game, but a solid combination of all the little niceties one has seen before.

Amen. This game simply polishes up everything that made Oblivion and Morrowind good. Also brings some stuff back from Daggerfall. The fact that they finally fixed up the lighting and animations made a huge difference.

@crzy:

> I need a enw computer. With everything set to the lowest possible setting it still lags hardcore for me… Oh so so not cool.

just buy a new graphics card and if you're having problems with RAM then add a couple sticks.  You could probably just fix up a few things and have it work well.

So i just installed it. It's pretty awesome. And it runs much much better than oblivion. (I can't wait to test it on my new laptop).
On my old machine (2GB ddr2 ram (something slow 667 or something)), Athlon XP X2 6000+ (YEAH THIS OLD CPU) and my HD 5770, it runs smooth on "high" without AA. Maybe there is some tweaking, but i'm pretty much impressed. This engine is much much much better. The interface is a bit strange on the beginning, but it's well structured. Uuuh i can't just wait to test it on my new machine.

Already explained this. Oblivion wasn't optimised at all. It didn't use multi-threading and the engine was well known to do a huge amount of hard drive thrashing.

They improved it a huge amount in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. From there they simply improved it even more. Oh, and they got off their lazy behinds and actually worked on the low detail LOD stuff much more.

Don't get me wrong, the results are impressive, but Oblivion's engine should never have been as shit as it was.

@Zonova:

> I'm really liking it so far. I have to go get some mammoth tusks, but those bastards are really difficult to kill. Oh well, i'll figure out something or another… wait, i think their mammoths.... the big hairy elephant things :P

There are mammoth tusks everywhere. Just loot some houses or do random quests one is bound to show up.

No i bought this game. Sometimes i just want to have something original. I buy about 1-2 Games per year, so it doesn't scratch my purse so hard. I played the half night and yeah it's really impressiv.  There are still some little mistakes in that engine, but it's overall better than oblivion.

This game is so big. You can come across so many small things which make this experience amazing. Also, the towns and villages are so unique compared to the blandfest we got with Oblivion. As always the Dark Brotherhood appeals to my sadistic bastard side. Here are some screenshots with very little context.

Awesome weather effects.
![](http://i.imgur.com/bg8C0.jpg)

A child stabbing at a human corpse shortly before he hires me to assassinate his guardian.
![](http://i.imgur.com/Oyu6u.jpg)

Unscripted dragon encounters can happen anywhere. This one had the full support of the local towns people and guards.
![](http://i.imgur.com/bKnRC.jpg)

My canine companion gifted to me by a daedric prince.
![](http://i.imgur.com/FQSud.jpg)