Find results in...

Crystalshire:Developer's Edition-For Dummies

Rob Janes

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mr.LLoyd:

> By the way Rob just a suggestion you should add so you can see your opponent hp when your doing PvP just like you can see he's hp when you are in party.

Their is a bar automaticly over someones head when they are hurt. Even in normal Origins it does this.

@Schnurman:

> Their is a bar automaticly over someones head when they are hurt. Even in normal Origins it does this.

Like Lloyd said it doesn't work…I was working on this ecxact problem today with CS:DE. Other players vitals are only readable when in a party with them, else no vitals. I'd love a solution for that *-*

That's actually one of the main and most important feature i don't know why none made a fix for it.That's the main reason i didn't start a game.Because whats the point of an orpg if there is PvP with no hp display.

Edit: i will ask in questions so hopefully someone can find a fix since i couldn't.

Houses are horrid.  Your pixelart has been getting worse and worse, starting with the tall grass and cobblestones.  Tall grass has too much contrast, and the cobblestones… well they aren't done very well.  A better way to approach cobblestones would be like this: http://kiwinuptuo.deviantart.com/gallery/27054576#/d3d4ufx
Of course you wouldn't use as many colors or a color palette like it, but the shapes should be more like it. The houses are quite bad.  First off, if you're going to outline it in black, then don't give it the perspective you have.  The black lines are too noticable on the sides. Then the roofs.... I just suggest you don't use black in the roof proper, and then swap the colors of the center part and the sides.

Aside from some minor touch ups on the tall grass transitions and perhaps adjusting the cobblestone to not feel so repetitive, I'm happy with those tiles.  While I appreciate the advice, I'm content with using those tiles as is (or with some minor tweaks).

As for the houses they are still very much a WIP, as stated above, and as much as I like have suggestions, they're still far too early in creation at this point for any advice to be heeded.  The perks of being the designer ;) when I feel something suits the game, I roll with it. Heh.

Honestly the graphics are fine for the Graal style he's going for. I'd say the house's roof is the only thing in need of a change.

Look at graal.. it's just a mesh of zelda and custom tiles. And their sprites aren't impressive either. Let him go with the style he wants to go with  ;)

>! ![](http://thetouchgamer.com/wp-content/gallery/GraalOnline-Classic/GraalOnline-Classic1.jpg)

I thought this topic was about the engine anyways?

@-Jake-:

> Honestly the graphics are fine for the Graal style he's going for. I'd say the house's roof is the only thing in need of a change.
>
> Look at graal.. it's just a mesh of zelda and custom tiles. And their sprites aren't impressive either. Let him go with the style he wants to go with  ;)

I had no idea people liked gritty imperfect graphics. I guess if you honestly want the malformities and the weirdness of it all it would be fine.  If that's the case, I think the rocks, fences, and short grass need to be fitted to the style better.  Right now they're using many more colors and less contrast.  The rocks are almost cellshaded.