Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cats vs. Dogs

Bonk

**Cats vs. Dogs**

Okay, this is just a random poll to gauge each species' popularity.

Personally I prefer Dogs, because they're really loyal. Cats don't care whether you live or die. Then again, there seems to be Dog people and cat people. Cat people are the sort of folk who lay naked on the floor screaming Adele lyrics to a small army of Felines.

Anyway, vote and state your reasons :D

LOL! I like both cats and dogs. I HAD a golden retriever but he died at 4 years due to something in his stomach.. :(

His name was Rufus and he was the best dog ever. :P

>! ![](http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2826/21490009.jpg)

I also had 2 cats, but one died so I now only have one. :(

>! ![](http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3373/dsc00916t.jpg)
His name is Dewy.

So, I currently like cats. But I also love dogs.

==Edit==

IS it just me, or are those pictures REALLY big. :P

Bcm27, use IMG WIDTH tags:

>! ```
[img]imagelink[/img]
```_would resize the image to 800 width and height to ratio_
Good using spoiler tags for it though, that seems to be a good option when posting images.

Anyway, about the subject, they both have their qualities. At this point in my life I prefer cats because they are less maintenance. Having a dog is basically like having a 2 year old for 10-15 years.

@Anna:

> Anyway, about the subject, they both have their qualities. At this point in my life I prefer cats because they are less maintenance. Having a dog is basically like having a 2 year old for 10-15 years.

Having a child is like having a dog that slowly learns how to talk.

Dogs are smelly.
And they chase me.

@Draken:

> I like dogs, mainly because cats like to shit on stuff just to piss you off. they know what they are doing and are little evil bastards which should all be destroyed.

And monsieur Draken, we use LITTERBOXES, thank you.

By the way, anyone who votes for dogs publicly shall be tarred & feathered by none other than myself.

@Rusher:

> They're the greatest servants of men!

Dogs don't have thumbs, that makes them bad at picking cotton. Provided you have a whip and a revolver, you can have much better and effective slaves.

If I'd have to pick an animal that I would keep in my house I would go with a cat. They're cleaner, if you don't piss them off they shouldn't piss in your shoes, they have more personality than your average dog, you don't have to walk them at 8 o clock.

My little brother and my parents got a dog last year, it's a Shitsu. Thing is adorable and cute but ducking stupid as shit, plus they spoiled him so he pisses me off whenever he has the chance… and you're mistaken Draken, he does shit in the house if someone pisses him off. I'm ok with that dog as long as I don't have to deal with it. Additionally my girl got a West Highland White Terrier 5 months ago... and it's just as dumb, and I would have no problems with that, but unfortunately I will have to live with that thing when we both move out to live together.

Only kind of dog that I could really like would be a big dog. My girl's mom additionally have two Caucasian Shepherd Dogs to guard their house, with one of them being a female and the other one being able to bite your face off, I like those dogs, I get along with them, I could own one but I'm kind of afraid of being responsible for something half as big and just as dangerous as a grizzly bear. Husky and Malamutes are cool, I could roll with that, but then again it's hurting that kind of animal to make it live in a city.

Basically, the further from wolf the less respect I have for a dog.
Miniature Pinschers and ducking Chihuahuas should be fed to bigger animals in the Zoo... like rabbits or rats. Animal is an animal because it shows some residual amounts of instinct... a dog that barks like a ducked up at anything that's ten times it's size and could eat it without chewing is not something I can stand.

If I had a big house and some land around it I would most likely get guard dogs that could live outside and a cat that could get along them and live inside. But since I most likely never will have a house and land, I'll stay with a cat.

@Lady:

> And monsieur Draken, we use LITTERBOXES, thank you.

Thats a big lie, I use to have cats. they never used the litterbox when it was clean. they would rather crap on my clothing or something to that effect.

most cats are little jerks, when you freshly clean their litter box and they jump on a pile of freshly cleaned clothing and stare you down and start to crap and give you that look of "yeah i just took a shit on your clean cloths what you going to do about it" shows that they are little jerks.

Never had a dog do anything like that.

• 2 months later...
@Bonk:

> **Cats vs. Dogs**
>
> Okay, this is just a random poll to gauge each species' popularity.
>
> Personally I prefer Dogs, because they're really loyal. Cats don't care whether you live or die. Then again, there seems to be Dog people and cat people. Cat people are the sort of folk who lay naked on the floor screaming Adele lyrics to a small army of Felines.
>
> Anyway, vote and state your reasons :D

I like dogs .Reason: ive never had one in real life and the closet ive gotten to get one is a damn cat that follows you around like a dog! Seriously i found it at our window crying for more food and we fed it atleast 4 times that day cause it was crying for food and it wouldn't shut its mouth ! o-o CLEARLY dogs are better

Dogs are retarded. I have two of them, one craps and pees in one of the rooms in my house, and it knows it was wrong. As soon as i start walking towards that room it takes off and hides. They bark all day long. They require constant attention. If i sit on the floor both of them will come up to your face and wont leave you alone.

My cat is perfect. it usese the litter box. it's self sufficent. It doesnt make a lot of noise. If i sit on the floor it will come sit next to me and not get in my face.

Yeah cats are more stubborn, and act like they own the place, but thats because dogs are too stupid to be anything more than a brain dead servant.

@Bonk:

> Cat people are the sort of folk who lay naked on the floor screaming Adele lyrics to a small army of Felines.

Umm i dont even know who Adele is… so that must be something Dog people do.

I prefer cats. Cats are awesome, dont need constant attention, very smart.

A dog is a follower, and even at their best arent as intelligent as cats. Nor as fun.  Cats are secretly insane, which makes them even better. Ever seen a cat stare at something that wasnt there? Creepy

Cats are cold-hearted calculating bastards. Dogs are loving, protective animals. However, there are exceptions.  I used to have a cat who got run over as a child. My dad took him in and the cat was the sweetest thing. He would follow you around all day and never did anything wrong. However, I've also had a cat that hides whenever I come near and tries to break my face when I pick her up. As far as dogs go, the first one I got is nice, but too attached and whiny. The second one I got was Nice, loyal and strong. If someone tried to burgle our house, he would've maimed him.

Conclusion: Dogs are on average better, but cats can be great too.

Also, it's easy to potty train a cat. Just move its shit to wear you want him/her to dump a load next time. My dad potty trained our cats to poop in a corner of our property, and now we hardly notice it.