Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's this?

Rob Janes

Welcome one and all!

I'm very pleased to announce … Not yet.  If you're asking yourself, no, that's not our title.  To build curiosity, over the next several weeks, I'll slowly be updating this post to include new details to the project.

Here's what you can know as of September 25, 2011
-  The project includes an all star-cast of developers including 'Robin' as Lead Programmer, and 'Rory' as Lead Artist.
-  The project will hit the internet just in time for Holiday season 2011.  Currently estimating December 12, 2011, though the date is subject to change.
-  The project is not based on Eclipse or Crystalshire.
-  It is a multiplayer experience.

Teaser Screenshot!
![](http://www.splatteredgame.com/Lobby.png)

Look forward to seeing people's speculations and teasing everyone in the coming weeks!

Thanks

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me of Paintball .Net(something like that).
What ever happen to that game anyway.

Well, I can't wait to play it. I've play many other 2D Shooter before and they're pretty fun. I remember one flash game where there are sword and guns and there were hackers, hahaha. Those were the days.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@RobJanes:

> PaintballNET was also a product of Samu Games ;)
>
> It went offline in 2004 after 4 years of being online.

Really? Wow. Well I used to love 2D shooter. Played CS 2D more than CS:Source or 1.6
That was during the time that I find 2D games fun. Mirage, Legend of Zelda, FSO, etc.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Was going to call this PaintballNET and hopefully bring back some of the old players but the 'name' PaintballNET is in legal limbo between the old developers who have since retired from Game Development.  It's just not worth the paperwork to try and revive it.

So I settled on Splattered ;)

If you played PBN, no doubt our paths have crossed in the past.

Nice work, although the UI looks terrible.
The red logo clashes with the purple background.
And using diffferent colours for each button seems like an amteurish mistake, but I know you guys are no strangers to this stuff, how the hell did that happen?

At any rate, game looks like it will be fun, looking forward to future screenshots.

@RobJanes:

> ![](http://i.imgur.com/WTKZU.gif)

Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters!

<3

Looks pretty cool. How many players can you have in one match at a time? (40 vs. 40 would be truly awesome!)

You could add a team-making addition and have regular tournaments! Ooh, I'm excited already! And upgradeable weapons? And upgradeable paintballs? And zombie versions like every shooter?

Dear God, I'm getting carried away. Love it :D