Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Jobs

ddunit

@Pinkamina:

> I agree in that he wasn't great, but I disagree that we shouldn't still be upset over his death at all. Just because he wasn't extraordinary doesn't mean his death doesn't deserve mourning, as the death of any is something to be regretted.

He didn't say we shouldn't mourn Steve Jobs.

Isnt this just the same old story? why are we sad for a person when hundreds of people die in Africa each day? looks like the same old argument to me. Let people mourn who they want. Not sure why this writer cares what people though of him. In my opinion he wasn't inherently good or bad, if people enjoy his products let them use them.

Steve Jobs bought 13 mansions in different states and used his personal jet so he could register on every single donation list he could find for a new liver. He used his incredible wealth to prolong his own life. **Prolong.** Liver transplant simply gives a small boost to people with aggressive pancreatic cancer.

So instead of being available to someone who only has the resources to register locally and could possibly be cured with a liver transplant it was used on Steve Jobs, the guy who could jet out at a moment's notice.

Whilst he's doing that and selling overpriced hardware Bill Gates is using his vast wealth to make the world a better place.

The guy was just a bit of a dick.

I feel that the biggest downside to his death is that Without him, Apple is incompetent and quite frankly a big derp. Their stupidity will allow Microsoft to become all that is PC, which will then result in Microsoft being microsoft and they will pretend that they are a standard setting company and we will have IE6 all over again, but at a larger, more annoying scale.

Please Adobe. Compile your software for Linux so I can be free of Microderp's terribly ugly OS.

@William:

> My iPhone was ducking up earlier that week, and then he died, and now it isn't messing up. I think the iProducts knew it was coming.

Same thing with me, my phone was freezing up for over a month then he died and it's normal…

Hasn't anyone noticed that someone as greedy and selfish, who used sweatshops to produce his over expensive gadgets coupled with horrid software has died and everyone is wailing and moaning, even those who didn't know who he was until he died, but then Dennis Ritchie, who wrote the C language, thus is probably responsible for Steve Jobs' success, died on the 8th and not a single newspaper gave a fork?

Like… how old was he? I wouldn't mind dying at the age of 56 if I had that ducking amount of cash when I was alive. No pity from me.

Also, lolwhat? He was a board member of The Walt Disney Company? Now I can blame him not only for shitty hardware, but also for shitty cartoons.

@Kusy:

> Like… how old was he? I wouldn't mind dying at the age of 56 if I had that ducking amount of cash when I was alive. No pity from me.
>
> Also, lolwhat? He was a board member of The Walt Disney Company? Now I can blame him not only for shitty hardware, but also for shitty cartoons.

Steve Jobs also co-founded Pixar, though.