Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins Reloaded (Cool New Features)

hansomme94

Hi, I'm working on an open source Eclipse Origins v2.0.0 modification I have dubbed "Eclipse Origins Reloaded"

**Here is the Download Link:** http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36653831/Eclipe%20Origins%20Reloaded/Eclipse%20Origins%20Reloaded.rar (This file contains the compiled files and source for the updater, the client, & the server)

**Here is the changelog:**

```
'september, 16 2011'
================================
Eclipse Origins v2.0.0 -> Eclipse Origins Reloaded v1.0.0
- Added two command line arguments (-skipupdates and -autologin)
- Fully integrated Robin's Auto Updater into the program
- Added a shoutbox window bassed off of freeshoutbox.net's shout boxes
- Added the option to switch between WSAD and the Arrow Keys as the directional keys with a form to change these settings
- Fixed the strange error that EO's dev team left in the source (the run and walk speeds were switched to thier opposites)
- Changed it to where you only type if you click on the chatbox
- Ctrl+A now makes the admin panel show up (Insert still works as well)

'N/A, 2011'
Planned Changes:
- Add options for other controls in the control setup form
- Error reporting
- Add a Mail System
- Server bassed client-wide or single-client pop-up messages
```

**How to use the new and modified features:**

**How to use the updater:**
The updater is mostly the same, the only new thing is that you can enable or disable it using the config.ini.

P.S. The files that configure the client settings for the updater are in client\data files, and the ones that go into your http server are located in the server folder.

**How to use the command line arguments:**
To use the command line arguments you have to create a shortcut to client.exe, and type a space after the target then type in the command line argument. This shortcut will now run the client with the command line agument's function loaded.

The command line arguments work as follows.

-skipupdates - This command make the program load straight to the menu, and skips the entire update process .

-autologin - If you have logged in once already, and have save password on, then this command will skip through the menu and log you in instantly (The updater uses this function when restarting the program. This command does NOT skip the update check.)

**How to use new key combos:**
The key combos are as follows.

Ctrl+S - Toggles the shoutbox (The Shoutbox will NOT close without pressing this.)

Ctrl+A - Toggles the Admin Panel (You can still press Insert to do this.)

**How to use the new config.ini settings:**
The new settings are as follows.

UseUpdater - Defaults at 0 (Not using the updater.), Controls weather or not to use the auto updater.

url - Put a http://freeshoutbox.net url (Others MIGHT work.) here to have the shout box window appear. As long as there is nothing in this spot the shout box will not appear. (I recommend that you at least trying this.)

DirectionalKeys - This defaults at 0 (Use the Arrow Keys.), Determines weather to use the WSAD or Arrow Keys as the Directional Keys. (There is a button on the Main for to control this with the gui.)

**How to use the shout box:**
The shout box will NOT appear until you put a url in config.ini under the [ShoutBox] section in the url setting. To toggle the shout box you can press Ctrl+S.

**How to change the directional keys:**
On the main menu press the control setup button to access the control setup gui. Sorry about the quickly done button and form.

**How to use updater.exe:**
This is not meant to be opened by the user, but if you wish to open it for some reason use the command line argument -update

**What is different about the chat box?:**
The chat box no longer holds the focus, making it possible to use letter keys such as WSAD as controls.

**End of the help**

**Notes:**

I believe this to be fully debugged so if you find any problems please let me know. If you want to suggest some new features or say thanks leave a reply.

Good, this project need have a something unique…

"If you want to suggest some new features or say thanks leave a reply."

New features?

I suggest emoticons appear above the nick by typing commands or icons at the nick, which determine for example the village of player

Plz puts teh uber questz and petz en! It eZ da ownly thang E0 neads!
Peas excuz my launges im emerica.

On a serious note, make more text able to appear from NPC's, items descriptions and other messages ( max character settings for messages basically.)

Why not atleast add the REAL bug fixes like emote, player msg, hotbar, spell index instead of the one "error fix" that wasn't even really an error

> Fixed the strange error that EO's dev team left in the source (the run and walk speeds were switched to thier opposites)

@Justn:

> Why not atleast add the REAL bug fixes like emote, player msg, hotbar, spell index instead of the one "error fix" that wasn't even really an error

Well the point wasn't to fix errors but to add features I only fixed that because I noticed it and I wasn't aware of what you speak of.

Ok guys I stopped working for a day but now I have the new version ready it only has a small change.

Here is the change log:
```
'september, 18 2011'
Eclipse Origins Reloaded v1.0.0 -> Eclipse Origins Reloaded v1.0.1
- Added options for other controls in the control setup form which uses key press detection

'september, 16 2011'
Eclipse Origins v2.0.0 -> Eclipse Origins Reloaded v1.0.0
- Added two command line arguments (-skipupdates and -autologin)
- Fully integrated Robin's Auto Updater into the program
- Added a shoutbox windows bassed off of freeshoutbox.net's shout boxes
- Added the option to switch between WSAD and the Arrow Keys as the directional keys with a form to change these settings
- Fixed the strange error that EO's dev team left in the source (the run and walk speeds were switched to thier opposites)
- Changed it to where you only type if you click on the chatbox
- Ctrl+A now makes the admin panel show up (Insert still works as well)

'N/A, 2011'
Planned Changes:
- Error reporting
- Add a Mail System
- Server bassed client-wide or single-client pop-up messages

```
**Here is the new link:** http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36653831/Eclipe%20Origins%20Reloaded/Eclipse%20Origins%20Reloaded%201.0.1.rar

**Notes:**
If you want me to release a source patch let me know and I will do it.(For people who want to apply this to their current source.) I might add in a few more features later on today but I felt that the control setup form was more important since I had it started.

@Robin:

> Why in God's name would you integrate the updater? Commercial projects use an external updater for a reason.

I knew you would say something eventually but if you downloaded it you would know that if you need to update the updater opens a modified version of your updater to do the actual updating. Eclipse only CHECKS for the update to make it if you don't want people who aren't up to date playing. Does that answer you question?

@Robin:

> Right. In that case you didn't integrate the updater into the program. Your phrasing was ambiguous.

I guess you're right I could have said that I integrated an update check process into the program to be more accurate.  Thanks for not leaving a negative comment too.

@hansomme94:

> You're ducking stupid I didn't put an updater in an updater you prick I made the game check for updates and run the updater if necessary.
>
> I can't believe how you guys treat noobs trying to help people, WTF.

umadbro?

No–I was just teasing you. Calm your tits.

@Alexander:

> You honestly shouldn't have to update your updater though.

Yes you should. You think commercial games re-skin their updaters through magic or some shit?

I have an skinned update which can patch itself using a small console program. Same probably applies here.