Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Small Server!

Doraemon

This server is tested only MAX 50* players to connect with, recommend 30 players
* Based on Fresh Eclipse Origin

I will help anyone who need to host their server, actually the server is not mine, it is provided by a company, i have the way to make it free forever :D, but it is not illegal, the people who apply to will have the root control and remote desktop (just like RDP but it is VNC)

**The server spec:**
RAM: 128MB
Disk Space: 2.5GB (Actual free space: 1.5GB (After minus the OS, Wine, EO Runtimes)

Eclipse server is work in Wine, Wine is a program for linux to run windows program in linux
The only bad thing is the ip will be changed every few days so i will assign into dyndns so you all can connect to it easily

Apply example:

> DynDNS Address: freesmallserver.dyndns.org
> Game name: Doraemon

After i had replied or private messaged to you, you will needed to send me the information of your server (server password & the zip file of your eclipse server)

You can change your server password by typing "passwd" on Putty (Go google search putty, it is used to control your server via terminal)

To prevent abuse, the people who apply must have atleast 50 post in eclipse forum and it is only limited to 10 people. Currently…
Server left: **10/10!**

after opened the eclipse server… it only left about 10mb of RAM!
running DE (Desktop environment) in 128mb RAM (Linux) is almost impossible! people atleast need 256mb to done that

i just done a test:

Debian OS - 37MB RAM
VNC - 16MB RAM
Desktop GUI - 4MB RAM
Terminal - 2MB RAM
Wine + Eclipse Server - 55MB RAM
**Left - 13MB RAM**

so do you think it can allow so many player?

**EDIT: Sorry, i had try once more, it work very fine, about 4 player = 1MB RAM
so… this can host 52 player (eclipse origins 2.0)
other server may have more item or player, so best recommended is 30 player**

They still make machines with these horrible specs?  That's like Betamax movies and 8 tracks.

Also, you don't give any information on how you go a out offering this for free, while you claim it's not illegal, it sounds like you're trying to just beat the system somehow, whether bypassing monthly free trials or something along those lines, it sounds untrustworthy.

This offer, even free, is bad.  Home computers on a 5megabiy connection (your average home pc these days with moderate specs) far surpass what you're offering.