Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How protect his graphic's file?

Suppositoire

Just run some mild compression. If you want to stop your average Eclipse user from ripping it that's all you need.

If someone needs to rip your resources they don't have the ability to handle anything bigger.

If you get someone dedicated who knows enough you'll never be able to completely protect your graphics.

if there's a premade library in vb6 for datastreaming into a binary file (.dat, .bin in most cases… guess you'd name it image.gfx or somethin then) you could try converting all images into those files... maybe even 1 image in several files and then let the program read that stream from those files for the image-data... there's many ways, but the real question is if it's worth the trouble <.<

-seal

If your graphics are actually worth stealing, it means they're good.
If somebody had to steal your graphics, it means they're probably incapable of doing it themselves.
If they are incapable of making your quality graphics, whatever you decide to do with the graphics, yours will always be one step ahead, and of a higher standard.

To back you up, you own the copyright of everything you make.
If things really get out of hand, and they ever make money off what they stole. You can make money off them by suing their asses.

Don't worry too much about encryption.

@Rory:

> To back you up, you own the copyright of everything you make.
> If things really get out of hand, and they ever make money off what they stole. You can make money off them by suing their asses.
>
> Don't worry too much about encryption.

just out of plain interest: in the process of sueing someone for stealing your graphics, would the fact that they were even encrypted (even if poorly) increase your chances for getting money out of it? I thought of breaking the encryption is more like stealing because of all the effort just for taking graphics or somethin…

-seal

@Rory:

> Nope, they're it should be no difference.
>
> My logic is:
> The fact that he is using stolen graphics is illegal.
> If he simply unencrypted it and kept it in a folder or something, it isn't.
>
> I think. I'm not a lawyer. xD

At the end of the day the creator of the graphics owns the intellectual property rights to them.

Encrypted or unencrypted is irrelevant legality wise.