Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to host muti-severs

lexkymbeth

This requires:
      Drop Box
      More then one host

Step one : Make a folder in drop box.
step two : Rite click and share to host.
Step three : place sever data, and sever.exe in drob box. (Wait for it to be done and green check-mark)

Run sever on both computers. Thus allowing data from both severs run into one like the img below

Pretty much edit on one map > wah-bam! gose to other sever so dose player stuff

Totaly safe. (share option only shares with person you picked)

Could be used for cleint to. just make a folder for your team and pace game and data files

@Serenade:

> It works, provided you add something to check whether they're on a server. I did exactly this, plus the checks, and it works perfectly. So, no, you don't have to.

Well that's fair enough, but I thought it would be better to have servers which communicate with each other. ;]

@Rithy58:

> Doesn't that allow one account to play on two servers simultaneously?
>
> A better way is just to have one central authentication server that will assign a player to a game server.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

nope. the client connects to ip. not the data.just the data is on both severs

Bookmarked ;)

@Lightning:

> Well that's fair enough, but I thought it would be better to have servers which communicate with each other. ;]

That WOULD be nice, but for the purposes of a normal EO game, or any game made on any engine from Mirage to PW to Konfuze to Elysium, this should be enough (that excludes Crystalshire lol). Nice idea, I might try it. The only thing would be how would you pick which server to play on?

@Likestodraw:

> Bookmarked ;)
> That WOULD be nice, but for the purposes of a normal EO game, or any game made on any engine from Mirage to PW to Konfuze to Elysium, this should be enough (that excludes Crystalshire lol). Nice idea, I might try it. The only thing would be how would you pick which server to play on?

you would have to code it, im thinking a button that connects to wich one you want. idk you could do allot

• 1 year later...