Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have constructed a user agreement for my mmorpg which should be coming out this summer, but how…

I have constructed a user agreement for my mmorpg which should be coming out this summer, but how can I have it were people can read it? Here's the user agreement, copy and paste it if you want it.

Terms and Agreements-
DinoLand

This is a game for being with friends online and other users in pvp.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AS YOU MAY FIND IT A BIT FASCINATING.

You, a new user of this game, must follow these rules, you will notice some weird things.

1.) Cyber Bullying:
Cyber Bullying is a constant threatening and taunting of other users online, it is tolerated NOWHERE! If in the event of cyber bullying takes place, report the
user immediately. If an admin is around (they're normal users, but are normally a much higher level than every other user) the admin will challenge him to a battle and the admin will win. The admin will
either mute or ban the user if this action takes place. Here is a list of cyber bullying and its consequences:

Racism- The user is discriminating other users do to their race and/or origins.

1st offense- The user will be muted for a week. The user will also be beat up in pvp by an admin.

2nd offense- The user's name will be written down in a journal and you will be banned for a month. The user will also be beat up in pvp by an admin.

3rd offense- The user's name will be erased from the journal so I can froget who you are, and you will be permanently banned.

The Admins have some Persian in their blood, if you attempt to have a problem with it the admins will beat you on pvp, and you will be given reference sites that you
better go to, you'll be banned for 3 days. If you don't go on those sites, that will count as a 2nd offense.

Sexism- The user is discriminating other users do to their sex (gender).

1st offense- The user will be muted for a week, and be beaten up by an admin.

2nd offense- The user's name will be written in my "Ban Log" journal, and you'll be banned for a month. When you come back, an admin will beat you up.

3rd offense- The user's name will be erased and you'll be banned permanently.

The admins are males, so anyone discriminating our gender will be beat in pvp. (If there where girl admins, i'd give the user some reference sites and they'll be
banned for 3 days.)

Child Predation- Child Predators (men who abduct children for sex) often go on websites disguised as children, and attempt to make friends with other users so they
can set up meeting dates resulting in kidnappings. If you are talking to someone you don't know and he/she is asking to be your friend and wants to see you, ask the
ask the person questions like what your name is. Do NOT give him the answer. If he answers incorrectly, and continues the "come to my house" behaviour, report him.

1st offense- The user will be permanently banned.

The master admin, Master Meerkat, is younger that 15, if a user does this behaviour, they will be beaten in pvp and banned PERMANENTLY.

Taunting- Taunting is constant verbal threats, threating or asking for sexual behaviour, and bad language. If this happens, you can ignore them, or report them.

1st offence- The user will be muted for 3 days. I'll write you in my book.

2nd offense- The user will be muted for a week. I'll keep your name in the book.

3rd offense- The user will be muted for a month. I'll still have that name untouched.

4th offense- The user will be muted for 6 months. I don't care how long it is, i'll get a 300 paged journal if I need to.

5th offense- The user will be muted for 1 year. That book will have your name in there for 365 days. How unlucky can you get.

2.) Privacy:
Your personal information is meant to be secret, admins are not going to ask for your password on a spare account. If this happens when another user asks for your
password, report them immediately.

1st offense- The user will be beaten in pvp by an admin.

2nd offense- The user will be muted for 2 weeks.

3rd offense- The user will be banned for 1 month.

I have a hard password, it's so hard you'd have to know my name and it is *************. (LOL wut?)

3.) Cheating:
You found my secret cheats, (crickets chirping…) ok, you can use them, but you may never find my top-secret cheats, they have my password in them, which is

Hacking- Hacking another users account will end up being the banning of your account and the other persons account, so don't hack.

1st offense- The users will be written in my new "Recovery Log" I will ask for the hacker's username, they will be banned for 2 months, being written in my
"Ban Log", and I will send a recovery e-mail to the hacked user about their new password, which will be numbers mixed with letters, like mine, which is
*************. (What the...!?)

If you have questions about the rules, you can e-mail me at [email protected], and please include your e-mail in the e-mail, so I can reply.
If you have anything to say about the game, e-mail me at the address above.

To Accept- Sign Up

To Decline- Close window or tab.

>> **1.) Cyber Bullying**

I'm sorry, but if I hear this term one more time I might explode. "Cyber Bullying" was just a term made up by the media to degrade the internet for the sake of "the children". Tell your users to grow a pair.

Also, I'm not sure what the point of this "Terms of Agreement" is. First off, it's not like anyone will sue you, so therefor you do not need any legal protection. This is more of a poorly-written rule book than anything, and is basically pointless (everyone knows that hacking is bad, you don't need to write a paragraph explaining that).

To make this really easy for you, use a windows installer maker (there are tons out there). You can usually edit a Terms of Agreement upon the user downloading your client. Since all the stuff you just posted is basically pointless, and none of it makes sense legally, just say:

> "The *insert game name here* Staff has the right to ban, edit, mute, or suspend the accounts of *insert game name here*'s users without reason."

Having these in the T&Cs is plain silly. Just point out that you can do whatever the hell you want in the agreement then have an official list of rules people need to follow. Having them in the T&Cs in your half-arsed legalese (which, I might add, makes very little sense at points) will just mean people don't read them.

Have a tiny list of 1-sentence rules which people should follow.

Oh, and stop babysitting your players. Let them do what they want.

What you should do is focus your terms of service agreement more towards legal liabilities, damages, up time, registration.  Make a clause in the agreement that by continuing to play the game, the players agree to the community guidelines set forth in your help documentation, and to abide by decisions of the in game administration team.  This clears up your terms of service agreement so it can stick to more legal matters and also points the individual on where to go to find all of your rules and regulations.

And no, your rules and regulations are just that, your rules to permit someone access to your service.  It doesn't need to have a patent of any sorts, it's like the internets "No shirt, no shoes, no service" policy.

@Rob:

> What you should do is focus your terms of service agreement more towards legal liabilities, damages, up time, registration.  Make a clause in the agreement that by continuing to play the game, the players agree to the community guidelines set forth in your help documentation, and to abide by decisions of the in game administration team.  This clears up your terms of service agreement so it can stick to more legal matters and also points the individual on where to go to find all of your rules and regulations.
>
> And no, your rules and regulations are just that, your rules to permit someone access to your service.  It doesn't need to have a patent of any sorts, it's like the internets "No shirt, no shoes, no service" policy.

But in all honesty, who is going to sue some kid on the internet over a game that will probably never get over 10 people online at once (10 would be pushing it, but I'm being optimistic)? What are they going to sue for? His Pokemon cards?

@Whack:

> Can someone really get hacked over Eclipse :O

Anything on the internet can be hacked or manipulated with proper knowledge. I seriously doubt that a game around here will attract an audience that's intelligent enough to do that, considering he's aiming for young kids to play his game.

… wow, and I thought the game would be too stupid to get a reply... :confused: thankfully, I found a way to make it zombie attack like I originally planned,  :cheesy:, now the rules are less strict.

First, this "user agreement" is just silly and immature.  Having admin beat a character in game as part of the punishment is "A FUCKING BAD AND STUPID idea. Not only is it lame, but it gives WAY to much oppertunity for misuse. Stick to mutes and temp bans, drop the retarded assault.

The child predator clause, the racism clause, those are just uneccesary and look silly.  ONE general "dont be a dick to people in the extreme" rule is all you need. And dont go Nazi about it either, in an mmo people fight, people chase down an opponent and harass him for a few kills, thats part of gaming. Dont be an uber strict admin, let players solve their problems naturally.

Third. As for how to add it, learn to code. Just add a simple form between the main log in and the create a char screen. Shouldnt be to hard.

But please, make your user agreement more professional and less….  silly